Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Location, location, relocation...
7 June 2012, 14:11,
Location, location, relocation...
Having been a fly on the wall member of a couple of urbexing (urban exploration) websites for longer than I care to remember, I recommend taking a peek at one or two.
Especially, if like me, you just don't have the space to stockpile.

There's a wealth of quietly contained knowledge of all manner of abandoned locations, buildings, tunnels, mines, hospitals, blah blah blah, if it's been forgotten it's probably up there somewhere.

And on the basis of preparation being the focus, knowing one or two places to bug out to and bunker in definitely couldn't hurt.

Besides, what harm is there is stashing a few things away for a rainy day?

I recommend 28dayslater.co.uk for it's UK bias and seemingly knowledgeable users who readily state whether 'x-place' is a fetid cesspit or even earmarked for redevelopment.
"Wicked phenomenon, yes? But, you know, it’s not any more "evil" than, say… fire. It all depends on your point of view. Try to get a better understanding of things before you make your judgement."
7 June 2012, 15:24,
RE: Location, location, relocation...
I like Sub Brit.org

7 June 2012, 16:43,
one for you NR: County Durham, http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/show...hp?t=71586
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 June 2012, 21:08,
(7 June 2012, 16:43)bigpaul Wrote: one for you NR: County Durham, http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/show...hp?t=71586

Erm thanks I think Smile , culverts are not my really my thing, besides the silly buggers have missed a complete military bunker only a few miles away nearer Murton. Smile

9 June 2012, 07:27,
At some point I'll get back to Falmouth; there's a series of semi-subterranean buildings. Fuel storage during WWII as I recall. Currently owned by some redevelopment company but there's issues with protected wildlife preventing them from razing the place (Go, nature!)

Will post pictures, probably next weekend Smile
"Wicked phenomenon, yes? But, you know, it’s not any more "evil" than, say… fire. It all depends on your point of view. Try to get a better understanding of things before you make your judgement."
1 July 2012, 16:37,
(9 June 2012, 07:27)Stalker-01 Wrote: At some point I'll get back to Falmouth; there's a series of semi-subterranean buildings. Fuel storage during WWII as I recall. Currently owned by some redevelopment company but there's issues with protected wildlife preventing them from razing the place (Go, nature!)

Will post pictures, probably next weekend Smile

Would like to see those pics Smile
Loving the idea for this thread too, found a couple of interesting spots near me for potential caches on the site you mentioned. The only worry is if it's on the interwebs it's probably not the best kept secret anymore, and of course after TSHTF I could see a lot of the locations on that site (abandoned hospitals etc.) becoming communal squats.