Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Politically correct nonsense again
2 October 2012, 18:55,
Politically correct nonsense again
Visiting another forum, I added to a thread about breaking car glass pointing out that apart from the usual things like life hammers and Res'Q'me's, there's things like Ninja rocks.

Ink wasn't dry on the post before I got told that Ninja rocks were a side of prepping they weren't keen on. After all they are illegal.

Blooming heck.
Tea and jam making brigade or what!
Sometimes the Politically correct preppers really amuse me and I wonder if they are really preppers or just frustrated jam making enthusiasts.

Prepping and survival go hand in hand and there may come a time when you have to ignore the quaint UK laws.

I love to learn new tricks. Legal or not it doesn't matter.
After all if the rule of law has collapsed, who cares.

Everyone has knowledge and skills and sharing that could save lives.
What if you came across a problem you hadn't met before.
What if you then remembered a tit bit of information someone had mentioned to solve the problem.

It could save you or your family's life.

So my question to you all.
What's better in your minds people?

1. Discuss everything and let you sort out what you choose to carry or do or,
  2. Only discuss knitting patterns with rubber needles just in case you upset someone.

2 October 2012, 18:57,
RE: Politically correct nonsense again
used to be on a site like that, used to be a good site but was spoilt by the PC brigade.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 October 2012, 19:32,
I had never heard of Ninja Rocks before

CunningUndecided
If you can't strip it down and re build it, you don't own it
2 October 2012, 19:45,
Ninja rocks explain please lol just out of curiosity of course Smile

Bd
2 October 2012, 20:04,
I'm for both options. Knitting will be required after an event but I want to be able to use sharp knitting needles. Those banned by our useless politicians.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 October 2012, 20:06,
no. 1 paul cause i got 2 brain cells
2 October 2012, 21:45,
(2 October 2012, 19:45)bowdrill Wrote: Ninja rocks explain please lol just out of curiosity of course Smile

Bd

Ninja Rocks.
Feel free to faint as I explain how these terrible things work.
Better put your knitting away though.

AS for it being a state secret:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja_rocks

Ninja rocks are broken shards of ceramic spark plug insulators.
Simple to make,
Get spark plug, smash with hammer, keep the big bits of the insulator. (the bigger the better).

Ohhh Gawd, my hands are shaking so much this is SOOOO naughty.
Confused Confused

They work because the ceramic is far harder than the glass.

Car glass is under tension. The effect you get is when a pointy stone (or auto punch or Res'Q'me) breaks that tension is the window self destructs i.e. breaks down into little squares.

So, all you have to do is . . . . . well you guess. . . . I'm to scared to type "Throw the rock at the window".

Damn, gone and done it now. Oh heck, I'll never go to heaven.

Not that I've tried it Angel but it works better on side windows.

This was purely for information purposes and no one on the forum would dream of breaking the law anyway. Angel (Sigh, almost done)

Incidentally having them about your person is "going equipped" whether your going to use them or not.

Rather like carrying pieces of . . . . . . . . . . . STOP Exclamation , no more.

Bye for now.

2 October 2012, 22:20,
I think I may have to classify that post so that you need written approval from not only your parents but all of your grandparents.

Ninja Rocks. Interesting.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 October 2012, 22:21,
I had to get written permission from a higher authority than that SD, my SWMBO!
She even demanded a cup of tea.

2 October 2012, 22:39,
I never know when to die a little inside or just laugh when discussions turn into a big circle-jerk of BAN THIS BAN THAT, or "o-oh errr, I don't like it but its the law so I'd better do as I'm told." Commonly seen in the comments section of online newspapers or the Student Room.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8