Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Map of UK's strategic nuclear targets
3 October 2012, 21:37,
RE: Map of UK's strategic nuclear targets
Doesnt really matter to me who is goading who etc, cos I cannot do anything about this threat except confirm it is a real threat then focus on developing preps to death with it.

3 October 2012, 21:44,
(3 October 2012, 21:37)NorthernRaider Wrote: Doesnt really matter to me who is goading who etc, cos I cannot do anything about this threat except confirm it is a real threat then focus on developing preps to death with it.

Well, it has strategic implications for immediate-to-long-term planning, as to be informed of each protagonist's intentions will or should help one plan with greater insight / foresight.

That all said, the reasons for producing my map were to (a) help me with a novel I'm working on (not that I ever get the time to work much on it), (b) help me with my own relocation considerations, © hopefully add an extra string to the bow of UK-based survivalists.
14 October 2012, 22:19,
Hi,
What sort of preps are suggested? i mean beside getting out of the targeted areas. are we talking suits and gas masks? I have read somewhere about anti radiation tablets, can these be bought in chemists perhaps under another name?
I am starting to feel out of my depth once again lol
15 October 2012, 00:16,
(14 October 2012, 22:19)Bjm Wrote: Hi,
What sort of preps are suggested? i mean beside getting out of the targeted areas. are we talking suits and gas masks? I have read somewhere about anti radiation tablets, can these be bought in chemists perhaps under another name?
I am starting to feel out of my depth once again lol

I'm writing an e-book on the whole subject, likely to be called something like "Surviving a 21st Century Nuclear War in the UK", and I intend to address all such points, but for now I don't think WW3 is imminent... That said, you can at least think about how you might prep for it. I have my own v basic WW3 kit, essentially a NukAlert device, some pot. iodine tabs, wind-up radio / torch, etc.

Now... Did any of you notice the recent news article about Russia wanting to finally honour the British WW2 veterans of the Arctic supply convoys? Our government said it would not allow it because the medal would be in breach of our own medal protocols, to the outrage of the veterans. Any guesses as to the real reason?
15 October 2012, 16:59,
Okay, no biters.... the real reason: Any time we go to war with a nation (e.g. Iraq, Libya, and shortly Syria and Iran), the government primes the public first with months / years in advance with rhetoric, tongue-lashing and general media-conveyed propaganda. The Russians know the score that once Syria and Iran are taken down, it's really only them and China left, so... they're playing a little game over this medal. They know they are soon going to be painted in a very negative light and want to get some positive PR in before then... Or, perhaps even more to the point, they wanted a reaction out of the Foreign Office to test the waters of intent... Just my humble opinion. Well, not just mine. I asked a Russian I know - without disclosing my own theory first - and her initial reaction was the very same as mine.
18 October 2012, 16:14,
Chaps, I've removed the map for now because I am concerned that someone might stumble across it and pilfer much of my hard work, given that my own plan is to make an e-book based around the map. The e-book will be free to all on this forum registered before today.
18 October 2012, 19:43,
(15 October 2012, 16:59)cryingfreeman Wrote: Okay, no biters.... the real reason: Any time we go to war with a nation (e.g. Iraq, Libya, and shortly Syria and Iran), the government primes the public first with months / years in advance with rhetoric, tongue-lashing and general media-conveyed propaganda. The Russians know the score that once Syria and Iran are taken down, it's really only them and China left, so... they're playing a little game over this medal. They know they are soon going to be painted in a very negative light and want to get some positive PR in before then... Or, perhaps even more to the point, they wanted a reaction out of the Foreign Office to test the waters of intent... Just my humble opinion. Well, not just mine. I asked a Russian I know - without disclosing my own theory first - and her initial reaction was the very same as mine.

The truth is out there.
Glad some people are aware of whats going on Big Grin
18 October 2012, 20:34,
this is such an interesting topic to discuss Smile thanks to CF for all his hard work and best of luck with that ebook Smile