Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
water sterilisation tablets for a quid.
17 December 2011, 18:34,
water sterilisation tablets for a quid.
Hi guys just wanted to let you all know about my find in the local poundland.
Sodium dichlorisocyanurate... aka Blitz bleach tablets 36 tablets for a quid...
check out this page so's you know I'm not trying to poison you...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_dich...ocyanurate
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
18 December 2011, 10:40, (This post was last modified: 18 December 2011, 10:45 by mikebratcher69.)
RE: water sterilisation tablets for a quid.
Along with this I'll post a few links regarding the dosage rates or any other useful info I find...
http://www.akronhealthcare.in/water_sodi...nurate.php
Theres a chart on this pge which I'll be using for quantities etc..
http://www.akronhealthcare.in/strength-n...ablets.php
18 December 2011, 12:34,
Well spotted.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 December 2011, 13:47,
what's the size of each tablet? thanks for putting up
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
18 December 2011, 14:16, (This post was last modified: 18 December 2011, 14:56 by mikebratcher69.)
There approximatly 3grams each tab. The World health link recommends about 1 gram per liter, I've tried it at that concentration and the waters sparking clear. I treat the water leave for an hour or so then air off to get rid of most of the smell. Tastes a bit like swimming pool water BUT aparently it's great even on water contaminated with fecal matter, ( and no i'm not trying that so dont ask)!! so I dont suppose you can have it both ways, and I think like most other treated water if you leave it "open" to the air for 24 hours that dissipates the chemical.
I've drank it as is, at 1gram per liter and as I said it's a bit swimming pooly, but from what I've read a lot of the decent purification stuff has that "problem" and I've not had any problems... I'll finish drinking the liter off and report back.
It even makes tap water sparkle... so that must show you how shit our tap water is...
as its snowing as well, if I think on I'll collect some snow and try it with that too...
SORRY GUYS MY TYPO IT SHOULD READ 1MG NOT 1 GRAM PER LITER OF CLEANISH WATER !! DONT WORRY HIGHER CONCENTRATIONS ARE STILL SAFE JUST LESS PALATABLE.
anyway acording to the dosage (1mg a liter) and tablet size 3grams thats 3000 liters of water per tablet!!! wow now thats value for money...
18 December 2011, 16:27,
Can we have the date on box Mike?
18 December 2011, 17:45, (This post was last modified: 18 December 2011, 18:08 by mikebratcher69.)
There is no date as such. According to the purification site as the powdered or tab form, their life expectancy is indefinite, until you make it up or use it. Its a very stable chemical used in third world countrys and such, even kills giardia !! So I've just un packaged mine put it in a small tupperware box and slung in a couple of small packets of dessicant to keep any moisture away. I've actualy drunk it at 1gram a liter with no ill effects, but the recomended dosage is 1mg, it just tastes a bit swimming pooly at (1gram)higher dosages. So 1mg for normal collected water and 1.8mg for brown fecal matter water... not much chance of me trying that one though, not unless in VERY desperate... Any volunteers?...
Excellent value for money though considering 1 tab will purify 3000 liters!!!
Soooooo 1tab purifys 3000 liters. 1/2 tab purifys 1500 liters. 1/4 tab purifys 750 liters. 1/8th tab purifys 375 liters. your average bath holds about 50 gallons or 150 to 200 liters depending on the size. so pop 1/8th of a tab or a tad bit less in a full bath and super clean fresh bug free water....
AND I'm so sure its good I've just filled 20 2liter pop bottles up that have been sitting in a bath full with the 8th of a tab sterilising for my supply...
18 December 2011, 20:51,
I find it hard to believe that we can buy enough tablets to make safe 324000 litres of water for £1. I'm not calling Mike a liar, I'm just doubtful of the claims being made on these tablets.
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
18 December 2011, 21:12,
(18 December 2011, 20:51)preservefreak Wrote: I find it hard to believe that we can buy enough tablets to make safe 324000 litres of water for £1. I'm not calling Mike a liar, I'm just doubtful of the claims being made on these tablets.

Prolly a math or typing Snafu.

18 December 2011, 21:40,
3 grams per tablet. 1 gram per litre means 3L of water per tablet. So 36 tablets = 36 x 3 = 108 L.

That is one hell of a difference. How did you work out 324000?
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin