Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well educated, but useless
27 February 2013, 23:23,
RE: Well educated, but useless
You got it bang on HL....they are trained to be good consumers and thats about all...when i was in school ....woodwork.... metalwork gardening.....pottery....girls..cookery...needlework..pottery ...in short life skills......i just don,t get why these skills are not deemed important....girls learn a pasta bake cause the lesson is so short
27 February 2013, 23:25,
I hear students saying that they will use credit cards to pay for it, and never mind their debt, because they want to "live life and enjoy it." LOL

I had a close encounter with some useless student types once, through Cameron's National Citizenship Service thing. I have come to the conclusion that young people from Manchester are only good as organic sandbags, with the collective IQ of a jellyfish slammed in a car door. Smoking indoors, attacking each other with chairs, filthy billets, unmade beds, no work ethic, hour and a half late for first lesson, freaking out at the idea of communal showers etc. Without the cadets there, nothing would have got done. I used to think they were poorly behaved, but now I see they are pretty much the peak.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
27 February 2013, 23:26,
All my daughters were baking and cooking at seven years old and doing it well to
27 February 2013, 23:38,
" our fix of TV, gameshows and fast food?"

bread and circuses, just like the Roman empire. got to keep the masses distracted so they dont notice how screwed up things are.

I work with some guys in their twenties and all they want to do is stare at their phone all day.
28 February 2013, 09:58,
was looking at ready meals in Tesco's the other day...purely for research you understand...cottage pie was 18% meat..what the heck was the other 82%? couldnt all be potato...and it cost £1...you can see why people eat this rubbish cos it quick and its cheap...but its still cheap rubbish!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 February 2013, 11:03,
i always find it difficult to strike up any form of conversation with academics, seems that the art of communication is lost on them ......unless its me ?
28 February 2013, 11:22,
If you want to see what this nation will become, in regards to our hugely graduate educated populace.........Greece has the highest number of graduates, per capita.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
28 February 2013, 14:48,
I should obviously change the title of this post to: Barely educated and a complete waste of space.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
28 February 2013, 14:56,
(28 February 2013, 14:48)MaryN Wrote: I should obviously change the title of this post to: Barely educated and a complete waste of space.

Shorten that to " Politicians"

28 February 2013, 15:07,
(28 February 2013, 14:56)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(28 February 2013, 14:48)MaryN Wrote: I should obviously change the title of this post to: Barely educated and a complete waste of space.

Shorten that to " Politicians"

Well that goes without saying, doesn't it!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.