Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Motorbike as a BOV, help please.
17 March 2013, 23:36,
RE: Motorbike as a BOV, help please.
Possibly an off road bike ….but I’m not sure panniers would fit due to rear suspension?
18 March 2013, 09:32,
(17 March 2013, 21:44)Scythe13 Wrote: Quad would be too wide to get between cars in a trafficed gridlock style situation. Also, the max speed wouldn't be anywhere near that of a bike.

Fair point about flooding though.

NEVER go between cars, they can knock you off just by opening the doors!!go AROUND them either to left or right.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 March 2013, 09:41,
Honestly, a bike would be my last choice of vehicle, a cleverly placed piece of paracord and your on your ass, and the paracord owner has your bike.

also as mentioned before, a loaded bike is quite a challenge, i used to run a bike with panniers, crosswinds were extremely interesting.

Also, bikes have severely limited range, if your BOL is more than 50 miles away, there is a good chance you'd be walking home, the furthest i've had a bike go on one tank was 140 miles solo, 110 miles with pillion and camping gear.
18 March 2013, 09:50,
most motorbikes have a 3 gallon tank so you are limited to how far you can get on that..probably about 150 miles max, the bigger the engine the more fuel it uses, the faster you go the more it uses, if i was looking for a bug out motorcycle i'd go for 200cc or less, if your bugging out you probably wont be going the speeds you think you will.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 March 2013, 10:09,
The bike's distance wouldn't me a major thing. It'd just be used as a one way thing, to get away from the area.

It's still just an idea at the moment.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
18 March 2013, 10:11,
have a look around your area, see what bikes are for sale and prices...is ""Bitsa bikes" still trading in Taunton??
18 March 2013, 10:29,
how about a diesel trail bike ? im guessing but should run of veg oil and bio diesel

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum/...-kind.html

http://wuyangmotor.en.alibaba.com/produc...25_7E.html
18 March 2013, 10:37,
Quad all the way. Too easy to come off a bike. You may not be able to squeeze through cars etc, but you can go places on a quad that a bike will not. Especially if it's fully laden.
We used to have a Honda Big Red 300cc. Amazing machine, would go anywhere. Bull bars on the front and rear, tow bar, you could get 3 people on it, and loads of gear.

If you're really averse to a quad then look at the harley davidson bike the army use. Rotax engine, sound as a pound.

http://www.thexmod.com/item_detail.asp?id=4940
18 March 2013, 13:30,
Tigs, I think we have a winner there mate!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
18 March 2013, 13:51,
(18 March 2013, 13:30)Scythe13 Wrote: Tigs, I think we have a winner there mate!!!

Good luck finding the one made in India anywhere - I can't see that they've even started production yet.

Get yourself a monkey-bike!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/a...?logcode=p