Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Male Suicides.
24 March 2013, 21:53,
RE: Male Suicides.
Do you think it could be anything to do with people lacking a sense of direction? Men seem to need to feel in control of things, and with the world in a state of turmoil right now, it could be just too "difficult" for some people. Very sad, whatever the reason.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
24 March 2013, 23:19,
(24 March 2013, 21:53)MaryN Wrote: Do you think it could be anything to do with people lacking a sense of direction? Men seem to need to feel in control of things, and with the world in a state of turmoil right now, it could be just too "difficult" for some people. Very sad, whatever the reason.

Thats very deep Mary,... I would like to know which part of society these men come from,... I agree with you, that if these men are young married men, who are out of work, with a young family to look after, and who feels that because he cant bring home the bacon he feels somehow less of a man, less in charge of things, and feels he is letting his family down,...... then he may well feel that his family might be better off without him

... but as I have never felt this way, I am probably talking through the top of my head
A major part of survival is invisibility.
24 March 2013, 23:28, (This post was last modified: 24 March 2013, 23:30 by Luci_ferson.)
my brother hung himself 2 years ago. he worked for cbl cable pulling. he was in charge of his own gang but worked away a lot.
he was on good money. but didn't see family much.
IU reckon with the state the world is in at the moment. a lot of people don't take much pushing to take them over the edge.
even something simple can do it when your already balancing.

it appears that by time you can earn a decent enough wage to give family what they want, then you cant actually spend the time with them yourself.
or you spend time with family and have a crappy wage.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
25 March 2013, 13:33,
I killed myself a few years ago. Now I'm a ghost, like Ghost, but totally different haha.

I think it would be less stressful, but more intense, living post SHTF.

Post SHTF, there won't be bills to pay for, council tax, and other money matters, that people spend working 9-5 (haha, as if, more like 7am to 9pm) to make a living. The main difference will be the importance of work.

People will farm and the alike, to survive post SHTF. However, there will be less 'certainty' stress, where you have to have X-amount of money for X day of the month to pay for X bill. The stress will be more like "I need to find food" and there will be less stress hanging over your head once you've done what you need to do.

Most people in a job (JOB stands for Just Over Broke) work to pay bills, but don't make enough money to have much time off work and still be able to pay their bills. Imagine if you could work for 4 hours a day and produce enough food for the house, then another hour's worth of effort and you have heat. Once you have that, you can simply get up and repeat the cycle. There are no deadlines hanging around. No imminent requirements, like "Car MoT in 2 weeks". No "I want one of these" from the family members. As long as the basics are covered, the pressures will be regular but more manageable. Food, water, heat. The rest will be more gradual.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
25 March 2013, 14:28,
I reckon its the modern world that's messing everyone up.
trying to make people be things were not.
at end of day were still animals , and were meant to be connected to nature.
losing the connection to nature is confusing us as a species.
most of the violence and wrong in the world is caused by bored people,
we never got bored when we had to work hard just to feed ourselves. and had to be in bed at sundown ready to be up at sunrise.
but that's just my theory.
25 March 2013, 17:04,
Whew! I'm twice that age and live in Texas. One more worry I can scratch off the list. Thanks PB!
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
25 March 2013, 19:34,
I would think that those figures are a bit low!

Suicides are greatly under-reported.

Many families cover up the cause of death.

Many work related accidents and motor fatalities are actually suicides that go unreported.

Only the obvious cases that can not be explained in any other way are usually listed as succides.
25 March 2013, 19:52, (This post was last modified: 25 March 2013, 19:56 by Luci_ferson.)
many suicides are deliberately done to look like accidents too, for insurance purposes. since insurance don't always pay out on suicides.

theres many that see it as a way to end the family financial problems that they blame themselves for.
some we hear about. but how many that we don't.

suppose on same score, youd have to try work out how many suicides were really murders too.
I bet theres a lot more than wed like to think.
25 March 2013, 20:05,
There investigating that russian bloke who died in his locked bathroom for cause of death.
25 March 2013, 20:16,
I think, the survival lesson to be learned here is 'Don't kill yourself'
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin