Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
survival:the ultimate form of resistance.
10 April 2013, 08:56,
survival:the ultimate form of resistance.
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/survival-...nce_042013
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 April 2013, 16:21,
RE: survival:the ultimate form of resistance.
Apparently the author and his family are young and in perfrect health and physical condition, require no regular medications and do not have infants in tow.

At least, if one reads thoroughtly, he considers "bugging out" as a last resort, which it definatly is.

Far too many people consider "bugging out" their first option. Their only desitnation being an imaginary BOL or "the wilderness", a place they have never seen before.

However, a well planned "bug out" that takes place before the crisis reaches the level of being impossible to survive has always been acceptable. We refer to that as immigration.

One does not have to be Einstein to figure that out,,,,but he did!

What was it that the Germans allowed on exit, ten dollars and a suitcase?
10 April 2013, 16:38,
a "bug out" has to be planned months or even years in advance, a secure location is neccessary preferably with some kind of shelter or building on it, just bugging out and playing "Rambo" in the wilderness just wont cut it, most people would be dead by the time spring arrived.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 April 2013, 16:47,
Thats a concern to me BP,

I mean, what if you are away from home when tshtf? you can't access your home to bug in, and getting to your BOL is a logistical nigthmare? what then?

EVERYTHING you've just hoarded or planned has gone tits up within a split second!

your BOB or GHB should be able to sustain you for as long a period of time as practical. thats my number one goal, hoarding and burying shipping containers in my back garden will only come once i've got the worst case scenario covered.

I mean, if you can survive the worst case scenario, anything less is just a minor inconvenience?

just my tuppence worth Big Grin
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
10 April 2013, 16:55,
(10 April 2013, 16:47)Binnie Wrote: Thats a concern to me BP,

I mean, what if you are away from home when tshtf? you can't access your home to bug in, and getting to your BOL is a logistical nigthmare? what then?

EVERYTHING you've just hoarded or planned has gone tits up within a split second!

your BOB or GHB should be able to sustain you for as long a period of time as practical. thats my number one goal, hoarding and burying shipping containers in my back garden will only come once i've got the worst case scenario covered.

I mean, if you can survive the worst case scenario, anything less is just a minor inconvenience?

just my tuppence worth Big Grin

in most scenarios, a GHB or a BOB is only used as a short term measure to get where your going, your home or your bug out location, i mean just how much can you carry on your back-day in day out, we arent all hulking great ex royal marines, your main supplies should be at home if your bugging in, or at your BOL or stashed along your bug out route if your bugging out. thats why we need a specific BOL(in my case i've located several in case the primary is compromised) rather than just going "wild man in the woods"!
10 April 2013, 17:15,
A Bug out bag IS only supposed to be a short term fix, but it doesn't stop you adding a few very light weight items that could last you a lifetime,...

....a couple of wire snares weighs nothing, but could help feed you for months or years.
.....a very good fire striker, these can last for months, a magnifying glass for starting a fire will last forever.
.....a really good knife, doesn't have to be Rambo sized, just good quality
.....and the best book you can find on Wilderness living

I have all these, they weigh very little, but with those few items you could manage in the wilds, providing that you know what to do, and just as importantly you practice the skills

Incidentally the book is `Ultimate guide to Wilderness living` [ Surviving with nothing but your bare hands and what you find in the woods] by John McPherson and Geri McPherson, I highly recommend it
A major part of survival is invisibility.
10 April 2013, 17:23,
(10 April 2013, 17:15)Highlander Wrote: A Bug out bag IS only supposed to be a short term fix, but it doesn't stop you adding a few very light weight items that could last you a lifetime,...

....a couple of wire snares weighs nothing, but could help feed you for months or years.
.....a very good fire striker, these can last for months, a magnifying glass for starting a fire will last forever.

all the above is true, but i do not believe it is possible to live permanently outdoors year after year after year, after some cataclysmic life changing event, in the northern hemisphere,with all the rain and cold winters we have-even in the milder south, a permanent dry and windproof shelter or building is needed long term or else survival just isnt possible. we would just get colder and colder, sicker and sicker until eventually we succumbed to the elements.
10 April 2013, 17:30,
I think bugging out is only an option with a destination. This could mean getting back home if you are stuck away when SHTF, or reaching a better place, like a prepared BOL as BP mentioned, as opposed to staying in a bad place like an inner city apartment.

Bugging out aimlessly into the wilderness is an absolute last resort, like eating leather boots.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
10 April 2013, 17:39,
(10 April 2013, 17:23)bigpaul Wrote:
(10 April 2013, 17:15)Highlander Wrote: A Bug out bag IS only supposed to be a short term fix, but it doesn't stop you adding a few very light weight items that could last you a lifetime,...

all the above is true, but i do not believe it is possible to live permanently outdoors year after year after year, after some cataclysmic life changing event, in the northern hemisphere,with all the rain and cold winters we have-even in the milder south, a permanent dry and windproof shelter or building is needed long term or else survival just isnt possible. we would just get colder and colder, sicker and sicker until eventually we succumbed to the elements.

Oh yes you can BP,.. if only we could talk to the people of the Highland clearances who were turfed out of their homes with nothing, those people survived, they survived because they had the knowledge, that's all you need really
A major part of survival is invisibility.
10 April 2013, 17:55,
(10 April 2013, 17:39)Highlander Wrote: Oh yes you can BP,.. if only we could talk to the people of the Highland clearances who were turfed out of their homes with nothing, those people survived, they survived because they had the knowledge, that's all you need really
i dont think they did survive HL, wasnt that when they had the potato famine and a lot died? and didnt a lot of the ones that survive emmigrate to America?