Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Final Frontier
14 April 2013, 17:06,
RE: The Final Frontier
(14 April 2013, 15:40)Hex Wrote: its not so easy to get over loosing a loved one.

i agree, but it would have to be done post SHTF or you might put yourself in the hands of raiders and looters.life will be so different/nothing will be the same as now.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 April 2013, 18:58,
Although I think of death a lot more lately (age thing ) I do not dwell on the how in my own case , but I do ponder on my wife and children, and grandchildren, but there again all I can do is protect them as much as anyone can, if I lost my wife though I would feel I have nothing...but I would carry on for the others with out doubt
14 April 2013, 19:31,
Well, I wasn't so much interested in how you all wanted your body to be "disposed of" in the event of your demise, but it was your plans to deal with a death of a family member if such a catastrophe occurred. After years of dealing with the technicalities of other people's deaths; arranging funerals; dealing with the legal aftermath and providing back-up to the families, I feel rather detached from the whole process. My own mother died only 3 years ago, and I just clicked into gear and got on with it, and I think generally that's what people do. You deal with the emotional side of things later once the adrenalin rush has subsided. Sounds awful doesn't it? But, you know, this is inevitable for everyone, and it is just the circumstances that can gut you. You make plans....and deities laugh.

OH wants a Viking funeral. I have no idea what the hell that is!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
14 April 2013, 20:52,
I got an old boat for your OH mary ....timber job ...just right
15 April 2013, 15:39,
Nothing like walking into a room and finding your wife dead.

If that spouse is your "soul mate" you do not just dust yourself off and carry on! It smacks you like a 2x4 across the face and takes months, if not years, to reach any semblance of normalcy in ones thought processes!

You bury them, then you bury them again, and again, until your fear sleep because that is when they come talk to you.

You become one of the ones with nothing left to loose, and you look at death as a release and not something to fear or avoid. Not suecidal, but not in fear, simply looking for a good reason for the final sacrifice.

And you are never normal again.

If you do not then you had no real attachment to the other party, they were only a convinience or an irritation in your life.
15 April 2013, 15:44, (This post was last modified: 15 April 2013, 15:49 by bigpaul.)
maybe, i've had a few "in laws" die during my various marriages plus a couple of friends, not really close enough to get me tearful though, and that includes both of my parents too, but then i am British and inherited the "stiff upper lip", yes i am that generation! all i am saying is you will have to get over it quickly post SHTF(which is what the original post was about) or else if your not watching your back you could fall foul of raiders, that what i mean.

we are going to have to get tough and hard if we want to survive post SHTF, otherwise NONE of us is going to make it.

i'm not playing at it like those people on other UK sites, i'm deadly serious, when civilisation collapses as will eventually happen, we are all going to have a fight on our hands, i dont think many people realise that.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 April 2013, 16:04,
Eat the body and pull a "spare" out of the cage Wink
15 April 2013, 16:57,
hmmm. I've not given that much thought... I've been more concentrating on keeping them alive.

It really depends on how much S has hit the F. Is there still is, or will soon be law and order? Is society going to stabilise shortly, like after a flood or hurricane, or are we now totally DIY like after a total collapse? Things would need to be done very differently in these situations. Oddly, the better shape civilisation is in, the more complicated it would be.

I think I'll still concentrate on the prevention of Death.
15 April 2013, 17:00,
Heavy question, and it's taken me a long time to come to terms with how I would answer it.

My dad passed away back in October, and I had a breakdown for 2-3 weeks, and didn't leave the flat. At one point I didn't even leave the bed for 3 days, but thankfully I wasn't eating or sleeping then, so I didn't fill the bed with poo or wee. That's why I left my last job and went for a low wage, super low stress job in security. Just something to buy me time to get my head together.

Now, looking back at that, I really believed I was going to be okay with dad passing. He had cancer and we were all very ready for him to pass away. Turns out, I wasn't as ready as I thought. Not even close!!!

So, to put this question into current life, I have one person to whom I'm totally dedicated and that person is my reason for living. If I were to lose them, I honestly don't know what I'd do. I'd love to be able to say I'd be hardcore and touch and manly and butch and composed, and calm, and every other positive emotion. Truth is, I thought I was going to be like that when dad passed. So, imagining losing my wife is really nothing like how I would react. Any perception I currently have as to how precious she is to me is going to be increased 100 fold if she passes before I do.

I hate to say it, but I think I'd have a total breakdown and end up in an asylum if she were to go. All purpose and meaning in my life would be extinguished. My purpose for being would have vanished.

A breakdown isn't even close to how I think I'd react!

As for what I would do with her body once she passed.......I don't know. I'd be so devastated that I'd probably be a crazy person and just lay there beside it until I withered away and died along side her. Either that or I'd look after everything that was hers and dedicate my life to our animals. I'd end up spending all my time with the animals and doing everything I could to keep them alive, just because I believe it would be the one thing I could do to honour the life of my wife.

As MB says, death would be a welcome release.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
15 April 2013, 17:08,
(15 April 2013, 16:57)Tonka Wrote: hmmm. I've not given that much thought... I've been more concentrating on keeping them alive.

It really depends on how much S has hit the F. Is there still is, or will soon be law and order? Is society going to stabilise shortly, like after a flood or hurricane, or are we now totally DIY like after a total collapse? Things would need to be done very differently in these situations. Oddly, the better shape civilisation is in, the more complicated it would be.

I think I'll still concentrate on the prevention of Death.

my comments were based on total collapse of society, no coming back, were all on our own.