Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
GERBER DMF MANUAL FOLDING CLIP KNIFE
27 May 2013, 22:54,
GERBER DMF MANUAL FOLDING CLIP KNIFE
Hi all again the " Gerber DMF Manual Folding Clip/Lock Blade Knife" is described as a Large Tactical Knife, Providing Ambidextrous Use. The knife blade is part straight and part serrated for tactical use. The knife is extremely sharp straight out of its packaging. The blade consists of 440A blackened high carbon stainless steel for good edge retention, and the blade is 3.5 ins in length. The blackeneing on the blade helps corrosion prevention.The blade is also described as a modified clip point. The knife has an overall length of 8.4 ins and is 4.8 ins closed.The knife consists of an ambidextrous easy to open, solidly locking blade (with minimal practice) with a slight flick of the wrist. At the end of the knife handle there is a lanyard hole and pomell for striking ! The substantial pocket clip on the knife is fully reversible. The steel handle is covered with a tough grippable chequered plastic, which grips well in wet conditions. The handle is comfortably contoured for individual fingers and the crossguard in substantial and acheives the task of not allowing the fingers to move forward onto the blade during use. When its substantial, locking blade is deployed into the open position the blade locks "rocksolidly" into position with no free movement. The knife comes as standard with a lifetime warranty and currently retails at a little over £40. In my opinion this knife represents a good investment and I was impressed by its quality of manufacture from day one. The knife has tackled every task I have placed in its path with no trouble at all and am confident it will give me a lifetime of use with no problems what so ever. Verdict FULLY RECCOMENDED.
27 May 2013, 23:12, (This post was last modified: 27 May 2013, 23:12 by Highlander.)
RE: GERBER DMF MANUAL FOLDING CLIP KNIFE
" Gerber DMF Manual Folding Clip/Lock Blade Knife"

It looks to be a nice blade,... I take it the blade is unlocked by that sliding part near the front of the handle?

http://www.knifecenter.com/item/GB000582...10-Handles
A major part of survival is invisibility.
27 May 2013, 23:16,
Nice reveiw I have a gerber multi tool wich I carnt fault
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson
27 May 2013, 23:25,
(27 May 2013, 23:12)Highlander Wrote: " Gerber DMF Manual Folding Clip/Lock Blade Knife"

It looks to be a nice blade,... I take it the blade is unlocked by that sliding part near the front of the handle?

http://www.knifecenter.com/item/GB000582...10-Handles

Hello mate there in a small bobble on the blade which assists in opening manually and one handed, the sliding part/switch on the handle is slid to the rear to disengage and unlock the blade so it can be folded away after use very easily. Thanks for adding the link to the knifes details .
28 May 2013, 10:12,
What sharpener are you going to use?

28 May 2013, 11:01,
I have a small white ceramic Gerber sharpener I use what seems to do the job