Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you do when your OH is not "onboard"?
11 June 2013, 12:08,
RE: What do you do when your OH is not "onboard"?
Point out what has happened in other areas of the world, and if that happened to your country how you would be able to cope with it.
What i have learned is to never call a prep a prep. The energy saving or starting a new hobby line etc seems to work a lot better. ut I still discuss certain scenarios as I see them develop on TV with her as well as real life as I live in South Africa. In the last two weeks alone there have been riots and strikes which are great examples to see how we can overcome certain situations.
11 June 2013, 12:08,
Kill and bury current OH in the garden (or feed 'em to the chickens.)
Get new "prepper friendly" OH.
Never tell a soul of your past indiscretions.
11 June 2013, 18:58,
(11 June 2013, 12:08)BeardyMan Wrote: Kill and bury current OH in the garden (or feed 'em to the chickens.)
Get new "prepper friendly" OH.
Never tell a soul of your past indiscretions.

I was going to say" if OH not on board, get a new OH!"Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 June 2013, 20:32,
Well, Folks, thanks for the interesting and (mostly) constructive comments on my problem. I certainly will not be swapping OH for a new prepper model - I'm used to this one and I'm sure he will rise to the challenge (which hopefully isn't going to arise!).

I'm not too sure the seduction method would work either, Scythe, I'd have difficulty keeping a straight face, and bartering favours isn't really me.

I think I'll have to keep on doing what I do, and one day when he has to get into my larder using a machete and stepladder the light may dawn on what I've been up to.

I think we'll be o.k.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
11 June 2013, 21:44,
So do I.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
12 June 2013, 10:32,
The thing is ive been single since the beginning of the year and am looking for a future mrs falcon,The problem im facing is explaining the whole prepping thing without them thinking im a complete madman,The tactic ive been using is not to mention it and slowly say little things but most women in london are idiot sheeple,Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
12 June 2013, 10:34,
I think you'r on a losing wicket there old bean!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 June 2013, 10:42,
(12 June 2013, 10:32)TheFalcon Wrote: The thing is ive been single since the beginning of the year and am looking for a future mrs falcon,The problem im facing is explaining the whole prepping thing without them thinking im a complete madman,The tactic ive been using is not to mention it and slowly say little things but most women in london are idiot sheeple,Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated

Get yourself on Doomsday Preppers, tell 'em you're single and looking for love. Big Grin
12 June 2013, 10:49,
(12 June 2013, 10:42)BeardyMan Wrote:
(12 June 2013, 10:32)TheFalcon Wrote: The thing is ive been single since the beginning of the year and am looking for a future mrs falcon,The problem im facing is explaining the whole prepping thing without them thinking im a complete madman,The tactic ive been using is not to mention it and slowly say little things but most women in london are idiot sheeple,Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated

Get yourself on Doomsday Preppers, tell 'em you're single and looking for love. Big Grin

I aint that desperate Big Grin
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
12 June 2013, 10:55,
(12 June 2013, 10:49)TheFalcon Wrote:
(12 June 2013, 10:42)BeardyMan Wrote:

I aint that desperate Big Grin

I hear that!

I'm lucky, my wife knew I was a wrong 'un long before we got together. She's well an truly on board with prepping too, she often sends links to me of prepping related or self sufficiency items or articles Big Grin

Cracking set of norks too, which helps Tongue Big Grin