Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are You Mad?
7 August 2013, 15:24,
Are You Mad?
Talk to most people, including some members of family, about SHTF and you can just see them nodding politely, taking two steps back and telling you not to worry, the men in the white coats will be here soon.Rolleyes

I tend to keep my mouth shut these days, it's all too much effort trying to convince the public at large that it's a really good idea to be less reliant on others.

Or are we all really mad?[Image: yikes2.gif]
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!
7 August 2013, 15:59,
RE: Are You Mad?
I may be mad, but its not because I feel the need to prepare to take care of my family in case of a disruption in normalcy. Smile

In fact, quite the contrary, it's mad to think that nothing bad will ever happen, normalcy will never be interrupted. IMO

SD likes to refer to it as insurance, and I like that analogy.
7 August 2013, 16:13,
I'm not mad but I am 100% totally disallusioned with the whole prepping scene, its fallen so far short of my hopes its almost not worth bothering with any more.

7 August 2013, 16:39,
I don't bother talking to non preppers( or sheeple as I call themBig Grin), I am very particular about OPSEC, if other people cant be bothered to prep that's their problem, its not my job to take care of them in an emergency, most of them think that's the governments job anyway!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 August 2013, 16:49,
Just because people think you are mad doesn't make you so. If there is an event then we will be the sane ones and have evidence to prove it.

I usually explain I'm prepping for minor issues, a few weeks at most and blame it on the fuel strike and Y2K. people accept that but when you go further about EMPs and Nuclear Winters they start to glaze over. Stick to the fuel crisis and if they come on board over that then introduce them to further risks.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 August 2013, 17:04,
I was watch the discovery channel last night about super volcano ,they said that most people should have at least three days of food and water in case of a problem ,because that's how long they say it will take for TPTB to get to you ,I mean bloody hell how long did it take them when Katrina hit
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
7 August 2013, 17:05, (This post was last modified: 7 August 2013, 17:06 by bigpaul.)
(7 August 2013, 17:04)Barneyboy Wrote: I was watch the discovery channel last night about super volcano ,they said that most people should have at least three days of food and water in case of a problem ,because that's how long they say it will take for TPTB to get to you ,I mean bloody hell how long did it take them when Katrina hit
I believe some people were still waiting a week later BB.

in the case of storm "sandy" people were raiding skips within a couple of days.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 August 2013, 17:10,
I no mate ,common sense is not that common pal
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
7 August 2013, 17:11,
(7 August 2013, 17:04)Barneyboy Wrote: I was watch the discovery channel last night about super volcano ,they said that most people should have at least three days of food and water in case of a problem ,because that's how long they say it will take for TPTB to get to you ,I mean bloody hell how long did it take them when Katrina hit

and when TPTB got to the folks after Katrina, they were herded into "shelters" for their own protection. no thank you
7 August 2013, 17:13, (This post was last modified: 7 August 2013, 17:42 by bigpaul.)
(7 August 2013, 17:11)Debbie_F Wrote:

and when TPTB got to the folks after Katrina, they were herded into "shelters" for their own protection. no thank you

where some of them were killed by the people already inside! yep, like you say Debbie no thanks, i'll take my own chances.

(7 August 2013, 17:10)Barneyboy Wrote: I no mate ,common sense is not that common pal

nope, not in the 21st Century it isn't, my parents(WW2 generation) would be ashamed.