Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
cracking up
4 September 2013, 17:23,
cracking up
how maney people would crack up or just give in post event....???

weeks/months bugged in could send many around the bend ,with the many things to worry about no1 being death .

how do you plan to stay fresh, mentaly healthy avoiding stress in you and yours
Survive the jive (youtube )
4 September 2013, 17:31,
RE: cracking up
thats what i'm banking on for my survival...people all around me losing there heads while i keep mine....down!
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
4 September 2013, 17:34,
(4 September 2013, 17:31)Midnitemo Wrote: thats what i'm banking on for my survival...people all around me losing there heads while i keep mine....down!

the idea IS to keep ones head down whilst all the sheeple are panicking, don't open the door for anyone and don't move around in the daytime too much. as for "cracking up" not really a problem if one has been brought up on their own anyway, if one is used to having lots of people around then they could have a problem.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 September 2013, 17:44,
I suspect that even in a "bugging in" scenario, there will be enough work that has to be done (watch/guard schedule, radio listening for useful information, menu planning, etc.) that no one will have time to become bored. The folks who will be "cracking up" will be those on psychotropic drugs controlling bi-polar disorder as an example - as the drug supply runs out, so will their ability to be normal. Those folks have the potential to be come truly (like "Jack the Ripper) dangerous. "Druggies" not able to get their needed daily "fix" will also be highly dangerous. If you have someone in your "bug in" group with problems such as these, best get the situation settled now, before it's too late.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
4 September 2013, 18:31,
the Sheeple will crack up first, especially when the govt dosent come to save them, most wont survive anyway with only a few days food in the cupboard and no way to cook it once the power goes off, the druggies will go next when their supply is cut off, all we have to do is sit tight until the dust clears, plenty of chores to do to keep us busy in the meantime.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 September 2013, 18:39,
(4 September 2013, 17:23)Sunna Wrote: how maney people would crack up or just give in post event....???

weeks/months bugged in could send many around the bend ,with the many things to worry about no1 being death .

how do you plan to stay fresh, mentaly healthy avoiding stress in you and yours

I just turn around and look at my wife and son and any negativity evaporates instantly cos I cannot give up for their sake.
4 September 2013, 19:11,
That is down to every individual. Look at the millionaires after the 1929 crash who topped themselves. They still had good lives. By being on here you are looking at things positively. There are many who don't have the will to live. Just make sure your loved ones have it before they need it.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 September 2013, 20:45,
I think that many of us will be a bit surprised at just how many `sheeple` will survive, I know we are always talking about the big die off, but unless its an epidemic, then I think more people will survive than you expect.

Survival is the human beings most basic skill, people go to great lengths to survive against all odds

There will be many who will go under, but there will still be many, many more who will be around for a very long time, they will be the dangerous ones, they will not be prepers, but people who will kill in an instance in order to live
A major part of survival is invisibility.
4 September 2013, 23:39,
To answer the original question (although I'm tempted to chat HL's point), this is something I brought up a few months ago. Meditation, personal library, gym/weights, plus all the regular duties. If you're bugging in with your better half, I'm sure you'll both be able to find something to do. We manage to haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 September 2013, 02:08,
good answer s13 many who are depressed are recomended to pump iron ect , remember frank [the plank ] bruno in his life story he said that getting back into keeping fit was a major part in his recovery .
keeping fit helps your mind as well as your body.
Survive the jive (youtube )