Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
What have done towards your prep?
10 February 2017, 19:58,
RE: What have done towards your prep?
Bugger ! i was putting my plan together ....along with special incredible discounts for forum members on all the veg i will producing in the poly tunnel and greenhouse.....looks like i will have to take that deal offered me by Asda's ....been trying to snow a bit here today MB but turned to nothing, off up to pallet yard tomorrow ...just had the call, there is plenty about for us ......so we have to go....although we have a good stock of firewood ....those spacer blocks off the pallets last ages and give some good heat......and are nice and dry , my 14" chop saw makes quick work of the processing...going to need it looking at the forecast today temp dropping like a stone.....made a new steel cutting horse from steel i had kicking about ready for logging up which reminds me .....i need a box of electrodes for my arc set ....i have serviced the spliter ready .....when i built the wood shed (last year ) i can now chainsaw and split under cover.
18 February 2017, 23:46,
I finally cleaned out my workshop today and blew the dust out with the air line , bagged up stuff i doubt i will use ( famous last words) but i have to create some space for food prepps , and move it up from the lower shed .

Sown some stuff in the greenhouse and getting ready BIG TIME for the growing season , moving some IBC's up to have a gravity fed watering system should get that done next week ....but we need to drop about 8 cubes of concrete to finish off the parking and turning circle (coming on Tuesday) so laying steel mesh Monday ready for the pour ...that is about the last major bit to finish off the front elevation.

Its on with the logging next ...splitting and stacking......and then more trees to fell and it all starts again......we ...SIL and yours truly have decided we need to be two years in front ...more even ....its a fair old task but we will get it done, been a bit tied this past week not achieved that much really but chugging along slow..... but chugging along ...filled some containers earlier sow some more stuff tomorrow.
26 February 2017, 22:59,
The poly tunnel roll up door via zips have pissed me right off....so made a door and frame and set it up and fixed in...trimmed up and we are now in harmony Huuummmmmm ....the concrete arrived at 7.45 am Tuesday so that's another job jobbed ....had to cover with tarps because of the rain.....wifey dragged me out for more tubs for her flowers ....planted up 27 yep she's nuts....moved up more prepps from the music shed (set my drums up and had a knock) ....found a bottle of rum i made in 2000 ( come to papa baby i say ...i tried one small glass.....my nipples changed into a stack of pound coins in an instant) wifey shouted ...but you know i hate rum why are you asking me to try it.....well no reason really sweetie ! bought a nice knife off RAVENWING very nice ! so on it go's folks .....never stops ........EVER !
2 March 2017, 23:45,
I sometimes wonder if i am the only ONE doing anything towards my prepp this week ?
anyhow today was a great day .....bought some table and chairs , gazebo ,small table, and a barby and bench seat n store and all put together and ready to use... the weather was great sunny warm and best of all sharing with the one i love , the best of simple pleasures and cost sweet FA ...checked in to the poly tunnel ....all good and things are growing and heads are popping up ! springtime ...renewal i love it ! getting to grips with nature and having a rough plan you just can't beat it , i am already thinking of harvest ...but first the tiller needs a service along with all other equipment to achieve the goal of a bumper harvest , you can acheive much with not a lot ......just a bit of labour......bumped into terry today...fuck man how you doing ! .....not so bad mate.....you still doing weed terry ? oh fuck yeah ! (he grows his own shit ) want some? fuck me ! i don't even drink that much these days .....yeah ....i did hear you have become a real sad fuck.......what the fuck happened man...... i got old terry....you need a bit of I'm on the road again ....or delta lady ole son fuck me how low can you go man ?..... a bit higher than 68 terry ....you never came out....but thats okay mate ...take it easy man ! ...as he walked on ...i did wonder WHO was really right ....lifestyle wise ....i am happy with my lot .....but terry seems more sereen with his lot !.....youth , shit n rock n roll !....okay i did take a drag....being a socialite....out of sight of wifey of coarse !
3 March 2017, 09:25,
SS, I'm still doing all my stuff but at the moment it is mainly sorting and moving around to get more space. Nothing really worth writing about.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 March 2017, 17:58,
Many of us prefer not to discuss our preps or plans on an open forum due to OPSEC.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
3 March 2017, 19:21,
No worry CH, you are the only person in West Virginia that has a computer to find out what you have and where it is!
3 March 2017, 20:33,
I only wish that were true...

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
3 March 2017, 21:15,
Started the steep learning curve over the past couple of weeks. Thanks to all involved in the forum, learning loads and having my preconceptions challenged every turn. Glad to be a part of it. RW
One’s back is vulnerable, unless one has a brother.
Ber er hver að baki nema sér.

Look at my handmade knives, RECYKOOLKNIVES on ETSY.?
3 March 2017, 23:00,
That's fair enough Charles .....if ever TPTB come a calling i will tell them i know nothing.....but i might mention you might know something and throw you under the bus....hold up ! for the benefit of all CH fans this is a joke ! .