Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
What have done towards your prep?
12 May 2020, 04:33,
RE: What have done towards your prep?
Pete, are you aware of how they store viruses in bio-chem labs for research at latter dates?

They freeze it! Yep, in freezers just like yours. Then they thaw it when needed and experiment with it.

When you pick up that container and put it directly into the freezer and leave it there for one year the virus on the container/packaging will still be viable when you thaw it in 2021.
12 May 2020, 11:07,
True, Although from what I understand this virus is going to touch every single one of us eventually unless we isolate completely forever. So in a years time we should all have it anyway.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
12 May 2020, 16:57,
Big Grin  RE: What have done towards your prep?
Thanks for the warnings guys, stuff will be poly wrapped, and all packaging will be wiped over with methylated spirit.

You all keep safe.
12 May 2020, 23:19,
(12 May 2020, 11:07)Skean Dhude Wrote: True, Although from what I understand this virus is going to touch every single one of us eventually unless we isolate completely forever. So in a years time we should all have it anyway.

I think what you say is more to the tune that we will all have been exposed and anyone that did not fight it off will have been sick.

this is not going away next week next month or even next year and eventually everyone is going to be exposed. It is inevitable. the chances are that in GB you have already been exposed if you eat the food, drink the water, check the post or wave at the neighbor through the window. Sheltering in place, the "lock-down", was not intended to beat the virus, which will still be there when the "lock-down" is lifted, it was simply to not overwhelm the NHS at the onset.

We have millions of people out in the public work force today that have been exposed to the virus from day one and they are not and have not become sick.

We have an immune system for a reason, those systems exist to preserve the human race.

One million +- cases in a population of seven billion??? (%.00014) Everyone is not getting sick and everyone that sets sick is not dying. Lots of people are being exposed and fighting it off or showing only mild effects.

Even in the Walking Dead everyone did not become a Zombie!

The vast majority of the deaths, to this day, are people over the age of 80 or people with damaged bodies that can not fight off the virus.
13 May 2020, 19:48,
(12 May 2020, 16:57)Pete Grey Wrote: Thanks for the warnings guys, stuff will be poly wrapped, and all packaging will be wiped over with methylated spirit.

You all keep safe.

...........stuff will come poly wrapped, and then all packaging will be wiped over with methylated spirit.
14 May 2020, 13:20,
whether anyone gets or does not get the virus depends a lot on where they live.
in a city everyone lives and works near other people, buses and tubes are always crowded and most cannot avoid getting a cold or the flu (or covid-19) from other people.
if one lives in a low population area, like one of Britain's small rural towns and villages they can avoid people to a certain extent and be careful when they cant.
in my rural area we haven't had one case of covid infection much less any deaths.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 May 2020, 17:21,
Oh but you have had them BP.

They went to the big regional hospital when they got sick and their case was bundled into the stats of that hospital and not your little town. Unless you know the person or family you will never know he/she was local.

We have the same thing going in my area. The large hospitals are in the next county over and the little local clinic is closed, due to CV. I am quite sure that the virus does not recognize the border of my county and the next with people using the same stores and facilities and driving their vehicles the extra mile to reach them.

The county south of me shows no cases, but they have no clinic and no testing facility. They are going to be reported in the place that tested them not by their home address. That is because the hospital gets reimbursed at a higher rate for handling, processing and testing CV patients. There is no accountability in your reporting system and last I read EVERY death in GB was being reported as a CV case.

One real tell in the system is that my county has no old age rest homes. The counties north of me are full of retirement homes and their numbers are nearing 1000 cases out of 1,000,000 population. However, the deaths are only at around 45 at this point, so fatality is not high, %.00045 of the total population and %4.5 of those infected.
14 May 2020, 23:08,
Video  RE: What have done towards your prep?
This had me in tears of laughter
https://youtu.be/TkVF4UXPx9E
15 May 2020, 03:24,
The really pitiful thing about that is that they think Trump really meant it!

He was being sarcastic with a reporter that was harassing him, not giving medical advice.
15 May 2020, 08:25,
Not according to your Press
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/24/polit...index.html