Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
What have done towards your prep?
15 May 2020, 09:32,
RE: What have done towards your prep?
(14 May 2020, 17:21)Mortblanc Wrote: Oh but you have had them BP.

They went to the big regional hospital when they got sick and their case was bundled into the stats of that hospital and not your little town.
all the deaths in my county were down south along the coast where 90% of the population of this county live.
and FYI the population of my immediate area is so low and so close that deaths would have been noticed and talked about, the "grape vine" of local gossip is strong here.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 May 2020, 13:03,
The South West of England has had the least number of infection of the whole country, and that's official.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 May 2020, 16:17,
Two posts by two people, both believing the press and believing the official numbers?

Of course the press would never blatantly lie about a conservative politicians words.

And the numbers given by the press and the government are never manipulated to show what they want you to believe.

We all know that, right?

I read in your press that 1/4 of the CV deaths were among the diabetic population. That sounds bad! like diabetics are more prone to catching CV.

Of course the concentration of the deaths are among those 60 and older. Among that part of the population a full %50 of them have type 2 diabetes, many of them without knowing it. So naturally the number of diabetics that have died with CV is higher. The fact that they had diabetes being completely separate from their infection with CV, other than most of them being completely out of condition physically.

As for the reporting about Trump??? You people have had a misguided enlightenment about him since the election began, way back when. Our media hates him too. We do not expect to get any good reporting on the present administration. And the fact that the Scottish PM and media hates the sound of his name is just one more reason for me to vote for him again.

It is also delightful to realize that your leaders have such a command of the language. They sound like gutter rats spewing that filth. In spite of what you say about him I have never heard Trump refer to the Scottish PM as a F#@king P^@t. Not in public into a microphone anyway.
15 May 2020, 18:23,
(15 May 2020, 16:17)Mortblanc Wrote: Two posts by two people, both believing the press and believing the official numbers?

Of course the press would never blatantly lie about a conservative politicians words.

And the numbers given by the press and the government are never manipulated to show what they want you to believe.

We all know that, right?

I read in your press that 1/4 of the CV deaths were among the diabetic population. That sounds bad! like diabetics are more prone to catching CV.

Of course the concentration of the deaths are among those 60 and older. Among that part of the population a full %50 of them have type 2 diabetes, many of them without knowing it. So naturally the number of diabetics that have died with CV is higher. The fact that they had diabetes being completely separate from their infection with CV, other than most of them being completely out of condition physically.

As for the reporting about Trump??? You people have had a misguided enlightenment about him since the election began, way back when. Our media hates him too. We do not expect to get any good reporting on the present administration. And the fact that the Scottish PM and media hates the sound of his name is just one more reason for me to vote for him again.

It is also delightful to realize that your leaders have such a command of the language. They sound like gutter rats spewing that filth. In spite of what you say about him I have never heard Trump refer to the Scottish PM as a F#@king P^@t. Not in public into a microphone anyway.
It's a voice over, I thought everyone would see thathttp://forum.survivaluk.net/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
17 May 2020, 11:00,
Well anyway ! How’s your house arrest going ? I have to admit I actually killed a lettuce yesterday along with some of his buddies radish and spring onions ....I showed no mercy at all and despatched them all with a sprinkling of grated cheese and mayo , held in a fresh bread coffin .
17 May 2020, 12:50,
Lockdown here is going fine, hardly any different to my lifestyle pre virus.
I've got a new workshop shed, very heavy duty and insulated, very nice indeed, been very busy putting all my stuff in boxes and labelling so I can go straight to the required box and find stuff, hated the old shed which I inherited when I moved here 11 years ago and couldn't never find stuff, am now fine tuning all this, just about finished it now this morning.
haven't been going far from my immediate location, using the local co-op for minor shopping, tried a supermarket last week for the first time since lockdown, apart from social distancing and some very minor queueing at the till it all seemed to be okay. shelves we fully stocked even got some toilet paper!!
17 May 2020, 14:18,
Lockdown here is hardly making a dent in our normal way of life. Apart from caution taken when out shopping, nothing has changed much for us in the boondocks. Starting to wonder when the rest of the country is going to get back to normal.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
17 May 2020, 14:56,
To be honest it has not altered the way we live .....alright we have not used the truck in 8/9 weeks and not been able to go look around the stores but that’s all , lots of jobs are getting done in and around the ground and things are moving on as they always have .....but the garden has had the benefits of extra TLC , even a slug appeared waving a white flag ....I think he was pissed up on some cheap beer I left out for them on VE Day .....could not understand a word he said !.......but I do miss friends calling in that’s for sure .
23 May 2020, 16:14,
Making a start on converting the bottom garage into a bedsit for my grandson , he has been busy clearing out piles of stuff ....except my drum rig . So the new roof covering EPDM is being delivered next Tuesday along with everything required to fit and finish the job, the OSB 2 18mm 2400mm x 1200mm boards were picked up earlier this week along with the self drilling screws to fix them so weather permitting the new roof should be completed by next weekend. There are restrictions and shortages on many materials right now which may well hinder my progress but I will get on with what I can when I get the gear.

We finally split the hives , we have two hives and two nuk boxes and two new hives ready for vacant procession .

On the garden front All veg and fruit is doing fine and growing well ,all polytunnels are producing well , sowed more Swede , turnips , and french beans and some mixed squash . We have had some rain the last two days only showers but things have moved , the bottom ground potatoes are coming on due to the rain ( I checked this morning ) that is where I will transplant those mixed squash ( camo planting ) ......had to laugh I gave my brother some homemade wine a week or so back he rang me this morning “ WTF is in this wine “ why what’s up “ f...me it’s strong I had to add some water to it “ which one was that ? I ask “ the blackberry one it’s beautiful but strong my head was going “ I said call in wild thang has made some Welsh cakes and bread pudding for you ( he lives alone) .
25 May 2020, 20:10,
As i have said before last year was a disaster for our fruit trees and bushes, i did wonder if it was going to be worthwhile continuing with them, but this year they are doing really well, is it the lack of air pollution ?. Vegetables are also doing fine, two beds now, most of our gardening seems to be just weeding and watering, it helps fill the days of self isolation. Have ordered some mason jars ready for when we start cropping, we try to get ahead when we can.