Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
What have done towards your prep?
18 September 2020, 12:56,
RE: What have done towards your prep?
Well Pete ! I have been going back and forth with the best position (there are three equally good places) to site the aquaponics / solar shed ....there are trade offs in each position although I have everything ready solar and aquaponics wise ....I want to incorporate a sun tracker for the best results plus enlarge the system and more battery storage to run freezers ......to many times I start a project without thinking things through enough, I am to old to get it wrong anymore ! So it’s taken me longer to decide .......the latest is ...the trees need to be removed in the favoured position .....these buggers are above my pay grade and will need a expert to take down before I can run in the founds for the building then erect it ( it will not take me long) to get it done and fully functional ...this will be the most Secure ( for use and defence ) .......the small solar setup I am on with which I have recently spoke of is for coms and charging ....small enough to take anywhere .

My main problem at the moment is NHS work every day mornings only ! For another three weeks .....it buggers up my day but there you go ! ......ordered more seeds ........I could probably Terraform Mars and the Moon ! ....felling more trees this weekend ......there’s never a dull moment around here ! ...and I am only looking after this place for whom comes next .......LIFE ........
18 September 2020, 19:28,
(18 September 2020, 12:56)Straight Shooter Wrote: Well Pete ! I have been going back and forth with the best position (there are three equally good places) .......the latest is ...the trees need to be removed in the favoured position .....

Hey pal have you thought a tree house/shed, solar panels would be a little nearer the sun Smile
20 September 2020, 17:50,
logged up some firewood ready to split Its Ash so ready near enough to burn, I had to make some room in the one freezer ( fruit ) that’s been in there for a few months mainly raspberries and red currants .....so I turned that lot into raspberry & red currant jelly today .....fifteen eight ounce jars.....wild child picked the pears and set them on the window sill last week , and today made a nice tart .....just had some with some double cream Wow ! Wonderful .........onwards ! Charge ! .
20 September 2020, 19:39,
Just had apple pie from our own grown apples ? with proper homemade egg custard.....delicious.....i’m a happy man Smile
24 September 2020, 20:09,
Picked the pears to store, plums were done month back bottled frozen and enjoyed fresh.
Apple's to do shortly ,bottled mostly but pies as mentioned with ice cream is on the cards.
All batteries charged, coal bought logs sorted.
Clean the drains, make sure we're watertight and warm.

Happy days
25 September 2020, 12:23,
Getting ready to do another 5gallons of Home brew.
25 September 2020, 13:02,
The still is finished and ready to rock......but first I will read up and do some more research .....before I start bugging TH .......been felling more trees that present some danger and getting it back with the beast so that I can log up and split ......there’s loads of it ! And I am not finished even half of it ! ........it’s filling all my time, all the other jobs will have to take a back seat for another two weeks .
25 September 2020, 21:19,
Putting a new roof on the back porch before winter sets in.

Now tearing the old one off, shingles, plywood and all. What a mess!

New one will be corrugated metal.
26 September 2020, 11:10,
Been getting to know so criminal types lately. From the way the world is going these are the last of the rebels and when Plod no longer protects us, and there is an argument that we are already there, knowing a few tough guys who will be tooled up seem a good starting point.

Especially as a copper was shot yesterday by some scumbag who has nothing but a gun. The bit I found funny about this tragic mess is that the chief dick said that our Plod are not armed because very few Plod are actually killed, 50ish since 1944. Obviously she had no interest in how many civilians have been killed and despite her words Plod are armed. You see them all the time and they have them locked in their cars. Just not all Plod just for certain jobs. So 0% for office based but it must be high for those out on the street. Unarmed my bum part.

It is inevitable that there will be civil unrest here but I am not thinking it won't be while I am alive. We are a bunch of pussies over here. The younger generation though. They seem to have a bit of spirit.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
26 September 2020, 19:04,
(26 September 2020, 11:10)Skean Dhude Wrote: Been getting to know so criminal types lately. From the way the world is going these are the last of the rebels and when Plod no longer protects us, and there is an argument that we are already there, knowing a few tough guys who will be tooled up seem a good starting point.

Be careful what you wish for............when TSHTF these are the ones who knowing about you, will kill you, and your family, and take everything you have and have working for over the years.