Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
What have done towards your prep?
10 December 2020, 09:25,
RE: What have done towards your prep?
The roof is now finished ahead of time (because of predicted incoming rain) ....just as well ....it’s arrived on cue .....so today it’s the fencing panels to close in the building , then on the digger .....dig a hole for the steel post to hang the gate on and concrete in , then grade off the roadway , run some Taram then blade in some scalpings and clippings .....track it all in level and compact ........I will weld up a gate and hang it next week ........then I am out of here ! .......finally on with MY stuff .....yippeeeeeeeee !
12 December 2020, 17:53,
Cut the steel for the gate and welded up 2 mtr wide x 1.6 mtr high ......made some hinges ....and hung the gate, then welded some HD 12 mm mesh to finish the job ......fitted the pad lock ........job done !

Note . To LS ....that solar panel you recommended arrived last Wednesday .....looks great along with the charge controller ......very pleased ......cheers pal ! .....came with suckers to fit to a window too ! And connection bits ! A great find ! So cheap ! wow

So SS is now free to get on with the solar panel setup .....emergency backup .....three 100 watt panels and a battery bank of three deep cell ....so first things first drill a hole through the wall but inside the kitchen corner cupboard .....should be interesting ! ......but not tomorrow ! Taking the day off .........charge on !
22 December 2020, 16:25,
Been busy clearing the small poly tunnel that is attached to the brew shed.....all clear now , next up is to clear the ground with the digger , and cut in some drainage , lay some concrete founds to extend the base , then remove the poly tunnel and move to another patch.

I will be ready to build the new floor and extend the brew shed 3 mtr long x 2.5 wide .......I will prefab the wall frames then fix and fit the roof joists then sheet off ( the steel profile sheeting arrived at 9 a.m. today ) I still have all the insulation left over from the house build , plenty to do the job ,roof,floor and walls I will line all the inside with 12 mm ply .... cut in a inner doorway from the brew shed into the extension and away to go.

Will rip into it next Monday , as for the solar setup ......wild child said not now but ok after Christmas .....well she actually said something quite different regarding her kitchen area and to close to Christmas and loosing my marbles .......so my take still stands . “ ok chaps let them have it “
28 December 2020, 19:39,
Had a good day today ! Removed the poly tunnel stripped out the electrics ......then levelled up the ground with the digger ......cut and levelled in the timber ring beam to form the outline of the building , fitted the dp membrane and marked up all the joist centres , I will drop them in tomorrow and lay the insulation and drop the floor sheeting I will crack on with the walls and roof joists Wednesday and sheet all the external by this coming weekend ....so long as the weather holds up ! Onwards men ! Wait for the whistle ......charge !
31 December 2020, 16:04,
The extension to the brew shed is all finished and closed in externally , just the insulation and internal ply cladding left to do , electrics and shelving also.........finished ten mins ago .

Now for the Chinese feast to prepare for tonight , on the menu today........

Lettuce rolls ( pork mince , onion , chilli ‘ oil )

Crispy beef with chilli ( hot damn hot )

Chilli chicken

Garlic bread

Chips

Rice

Oh and a surprise dish that’s top secret !

Some wine

Time for the kickoff is 5 pm

Time to hit the shower

Over n out !
31 December 2020, 17:54,
SS, I think my invite got lost in the electrons.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 January 2021, 12:43,
Cleared all the timer and ply sheets from the workshop and set some trestles up outside the brew shed and loaded it all out then covered with a tarp , I now have room to work ! ...........I will setup the poly tunnel I moved , I will level the ground with the digger then setup some timber beams and level them in and fix the steel frame to that and then recover ready to start off some seeds .......if it rains I can get on with the brew shed extension ......there’s loads to keep me out the way of the traffic........giddy up !
6 January 2021, 19:24,
It’s finished ! All done .....just some paint to the inside (tomorrow) then ready to rock n roll ! .....will power wash the drive down and have a good clean up , then it’s on with the poly tunnel ( not touched it yet ) some showers and slight snow ! But I will wait till next week before I attack ........onwards ! .
12 January 2021, 15:38,
Making a new archery target because I'm too tight to buy one.
12 January 2021, 15:45,
Also making another five gallons of sugar wash for home brew.