Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
What have done towards your prep?
27 April 2023, 08:25,
RE: What have done towards your prep?
we are chitting potatoes ready for the first sowing, due to late frosts want to make sure everything is right first.
Broad Beans are usually the first to be planted outdoors here.
waiting for the scaffolders to arrive.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 April 2023, 11:18,
Wink  RE: What have done towards your prep?
(27 April 2023, 08:25)bigpaul Wrote: we are chitting potatoes ready for the first sowing, due to late frosts want to make sure everything is right first.
Scaffolders! Did you get the beans by swapping them for a cow?
LOL
27 April 2023, 11:45,
(27 April 2023, 11:18)harryhotspur Wrote:
(27 April 2023, 08:25)bigpaul Wrote: we are chitting potatoes ready for the first sowing, due to late frosts want to make sure everything is right first.
LOL
nope, scaffolding is for some roof repairs, but seeing as its heavy rain here I doubt they can do it today-"elf and safety" dontcha know!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 April 2023, 19:01,
(27 April 2023, 11:18)harryhotspur Wrote:
LOL

His name is Paul not Jack Smile .
6 May 2023, 11:41,
Called up to johns farm last Tuesday planted twelve rows of ( Maris piper potatoes main crop ) and two rows of peas , the runner beans i sowed for us both have popped up and will be ready to plant on within two weeks , so I will drop them in the ground for him , for his birthday his wife asked me to get a self watering system for his poly tunnel and that’s done , I will set it up next week .

On the home front I have netted up everything ! ……I have planted on cabbage,turnips and cauliflower and sown more follow on veggies ,I have also planted two rows of ( Cara main crop potatoes ) .

Wid child wants a Bramley apple tree ( cooking apple ) so we will set off later to get one ! She must be obeyed at all times ! .

The SIL has taken over my brew shed with all the bees stuff …….I’m pissed off ! So I am going to build a new shed just for the bees and shift all his stuff out , don’t get me wrong I love having the bees and the honey but we seem to increase hives every year , we will take off more honey next week than the whole of last year , and that’s just this first take off , and he’s setting up another three hives …..that will be nine or ten hives ? So it has become obvious he needs the bee shed ! .

I am going to reclaim more ground within the next few weeks , should be able to get ten rows of veggies mostly root veg / winter crop ……sowing some stuff now ,getting ready .

That’s all for now folks !
6 May 2023, 13:50,
first plants going in this weekend, a dozen Broad bean plants plus 2 Tomato plants, more to follow in due course.
10 May 2023, 13:47,
Hello all looking for a decent geiger counter anyone know of one that’s any good and will not break the bank cheers
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
10 May 2023, 15:16,
planted spuds today.
10 May 2023, 22:28,
Planted out the bramley apple tree today , picked it up a few days back , cost £50 , seven year old .

Big clean up today from the storm damage yesterday …will sleep well tonight ! .
25 May 2023, 16:30,
The 1ltr mason jars arrived today , getting ready to preserve the garden produce , I have loads of mason jars and Kilmer jars for jams and jellies so I’m all set to go ! ….sugar,salt and vinegar at the ready and everything else is in stock , and I would suggest everyone else do the same and get ready ,ready for hard times ! .

The more I talk to family and friends ….in fact most all people I come into contact with HAVE NO CLUE of what’s happening right in front of them , and do not appear to realise how serious the situation is ….or just don’t care ?

Their attitude and outlook is things will get better soon ! Things are not that bad ? …..I have long since given up trying to tell them my doom and gloom story , it’s no longer worth the effort not even for the vacant look they give back ! …..I have resigned myself to the fact , that what I do now WILL pay me and mine back later on down the line ,which was always the plan ! Ultimately it will come down to the individual and responsibility lies right there ! It’s down to you ! ….you only get out what you put in , as my grandparents used to drum into me .