Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
What have done towards your prep?
9 March 2012, 19:03,
RE: What have done towards your prep?
(9 March 2012, 16:18)preservefreak Wrote: a pretty minor prep arrived today but I'm pleased. I bought 4 of those reusable hand warmers that you recharge by boiling. because of a voucher I had I paid 22p each instead of £1.50. along with a hot water bottle and decent blankets they're good for getting your hands and feet warm in bed. a good low tech solution.

I've got loads of them. I found the best ones are by a company called Click-Heat. They are awesome!!! Used them on the winter camping trip with AlyBear. Got some in every bag I have, GHB, BOB and GCB (General Camping Bag, haha).

Today my prep is boring but essential. I'm putting together all the items in my FAK's. I've bought a load of stuff over the months, and now I'm sorting them into packs.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
9 March 2012, 19:56,
(9 March 2012, 19:03)Scythe13 Wrote: I've got loads of them. I found the best ones are by a company called Click-Heat. They are awesome!!! Used them on the winter camping trip with AlyBear. Got some in every bag I have, GHB, BOB and GCB (General Camping Bag, haha).

Today my prep is boring but essential. I'm putting together all the items in my FAK's. I've bought a load of stuff over the months, and now I'm sorting them into packs.

ah right. mine are cheap versions, they get pretty hot though. glad to hear I'm not the only one who thinks these are a useful item though Smile

Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
9 March 2012, 20:21, (This post was last modified: 9 March 2012, 20:23 by Scythe13.)
(9 March 2012, 19:56)preservefreak Wrote: ah right. mine are cheap versions, they get pretty hot though. glad to hear I'm not the only one who thinks these are a useful item though Smile

When your misses asks for a hot water bottle, just chuck a click-heat at her and tell her that'll do, haha.
Oh yeah, forgot to post something....

Another thing I've done for my prep today.....some nice fitness work. Sorting out more physical strength, coordination, and endurance!!!

It's the ultimate prep!!! haha
10 March 2012, 20:12,
Started to put in 2 new veg beds in the garden and started the new chicken house
Failure is NOT an option
10 March 2012, 21:18,
Altered my kits so two are now converted from BOBS to GHBs for wife and child. I'm starting to think the country spends more time in some sort of traffic gridlock than it does flowing. Bugging out unless on foot is getting less and less likely, no rivers to use etc so its bugging in for us.

10 March 2012, 22:25,
planted onions peas mellons bluberries cumcumber tomatoes i no its in the garden but it is a long term preb, more fire wood in storage long lines sorted more snares made

b/d
11 March 2012, 09:47,
bought some Broad Bean plants for the garden, 12 for £1.80 will be going back for some more when i've got the plot in the allotment sorted.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 March 2012, 08:33,
Received a parcel that contains a chomp load of knives and some firestarter equipment.
15 March 2012, 08:50,
We will be looking at a 5 acre parcel of land in the SW to set up a smallholding figures crossed
Failure is NOT an option
15 March 2012, 08:52,
This week I'm prepping to stop smoking, I've ordered a vapestick and patches and booked myself in to the no smoking clinic , best prep for me this week, plus refilled all my tap water bottles