Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
What have done towards your prep?
17 March 2017, 19:42,
RE: What have done towards your prep?
Bought an electronic scales, heavy metals testing kit and a jewellers eye glass .....some DC cable, inverter deep cycle battery and bits for my small solar set up.

Having a scavenge around Sunday to get some materials to make a adjustable bracket for the solar panel, soon as i make that i will then set the system up next week i hope.
20 March 2017, 12:39,
Doing some work on Mesh wifi network - so far so good.

Working on ways to connect one net to another (remote)

perhaps using cantennas and Scrap sat dishes
27 March 2017, 20:28,
Sorted out my small solar set up ...wired it all up and working fine ....not fixed in the correct location yet ...wanted to check it out first...so its now ready to mount where its going to live.

Today transplanted my broad beans fitted all the cane stick supports, planted more onion sets and formed all the cane stick supports for the runner beans and tied off .

In the greenhouse...... potted on tomato plants ....piles of stuff popping their heads up ...potted on some lettuce , courgettes, but the cuc's are slow at the moment.

I need to get some more storage kegs (screw top type ) so i will try the local baths again see if i can grab some there TIP ( i always carry in a pack of tea bags to give them ) seems to always work for me.....also going to try a food manufacturer from near by industrial estate that has opened up ......fix bayonets ! chaps .
30 March 2017, 16:03,
Well .....local baths....sorry a gentleman from the local allotments had all twelve last week...food manufacturer on the local industrial estate....sorry the supplier picks up them back up these days !....have to try a few more estates tomorrow ,see if i can get lucky there, sobbed uncontrollably all the way home...may even have to BUY some ....i'm sorry i'v gone all funny ...will have to have a wiff .
15 April 2017, 15:40,
Cucumbers are now transplanted and doing fine, going to order a few more solar panels and some deep cycle batteries for another set up (stand alone ) ....more groundwork is on the go some banking slipped so had to get some heavy plant in to sort it ...phase 1 has been completed ...half way up now , another three M to go within the next 7-10 days should see it all sorted .....had to remove polytunnel so that excavator could get in and tractor /trailer units could bring in ten ton loads of crushed stone up to now 36 loads have been laid rolled and vibrated , SS is tea boy and bacon sarnie provider (they have asked for homemade bread loafs to take home ) .......so oh baked them some ..."what ! she baking today boyo ? .....the smells are driving us nuts ! ....well boys ....its all for me ....sorry ...pies , pasties and a Victoria Sponge .........i think i heard ....cruel bastard ...mentioned ......more food preps being gathered ...no luck on the kegs as yet TOF has suggested to try the local Idian restaurants ...so i did ...but no luck yet (thanks TOF )
15 April 2017, 18:36,
SS, have you looked at a home brewed solar tracker for your panels ?
ATB
Harry
15 April 2017, 19:13,
No not yet Harry....anything you know or can share Harry ? would be most welcome ! Cheers SS
21 April 2017, 21:05,
We rebuilt the chicken coop and I'm currently building a new shed for the allotment .Also got two new 1000 litre water butts to collect over the weekend.
22 April 2017, 14:53,
Waiting on some ground works to be completed ....should be done by the end of next week , soon as that's done will move the poly tunnel back in position and reintroduce some hens along with a new hen house and fence off a nice run, will move in the IBC tank 900 lts and set that up permanently .

Then its back to comms and get that all set up and running....so there's still lots to do to keep SS out the way of the traffic .....more food prepps being gathered and ongoing ...had some 10 ltr tubs given me ... six ....all filled ready to cache .
25 April 2017, 15:25,
30 ltr kegs arrived this morning (had to buy them off ebay ) all four are now filled ready to be planted...ordering more kegs ......on it go's ....dug out my pocket watch and wound it up ...working like a clock ! bought more lighters,gas and flints , also more reading glasses ...went to order some 25 k bags of wheat grain ...but out of stock ? need another 10 sacks .