Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urban Raiders - Social housing fences?
6 February 2012, 12:20,
RE: Urban Raiders - Social housing fences?
(6 February 2012, 09:12)Scythe13 Wrote:
(5 February 2012, 14:12)bigpaul Wrote: housing associations dont check that often, ours has a maintenance contract that runs on 5 year cycles-so we only see them every 5 years.

Every 5 years?!??!?

Deano.....build a moat!!!
yeah, we used to have an "estate visit" once a year, so that we could explain any problems we had on a face to face basis, but since they amalgamated with Tor Homes(Torquay) that dosent happen any more.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 February 2012, 13:01,
(6 February 2012, 12:20)bigpaul Wrote:
(6 February 2012, 09:12)Scythe13 Wrote:
(5 February 2012, 14:12)bigpaul Wrote: housing associations dont check that often, ours has a maintenance contract that runs on 5 year cycles-so we only see them every 5 years.

Every 5 years?!??!?

Deano.....build a moat!!!
yeah, we used to have an "estate visit" once a year, so that we could explain any problems we had on a face to face basis, but since they amalgamated with Tor Homes(Torquay) that dosent happen any more.

BP, I assume you also have a moat, at least haha.

I thought you lived out in the middle of nowhere mate?
6 February 2012, 14:44,
(6 February 2012, 13:01)Scythe13 Wrote: I thought you lived out in the middle of nowhere mate?
most city people would think it wasTongue we are on the edge of a small market town (pop 1300) in north west Devon, on a housing estate with about 200 houses, some private houses, some buy to let and some housing association(which is us). if we had the money(at present we dont) we would move out into the middle of nowhere(still in Devon), detached, NO near neighbours with a bit of land, that is my dream but that all depends on my lottery numbers!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 February 2012, 16:43,
(6 February 2012, 14:44)bigpaul Wrote: most city people would think it wasTongue we are on the edge of a small market town (pop 1300) in north west Devon, on a housing estate with about 200 houses, some private houses, some buy to let and some housing association(which is us). if we had the money(at present we dont) we would move out into the middle of nowhere(still in Devon), detached, NO near neighbours with a bit of land, that is my dream but that all depends on my lottery numbers!Big Grin

Oh okay. I thought, when you said that you didn't really hear from your neighbours, that you meant they were so far away. My image of your home was what you want to have. That makes much more sense now mate.

Oddly enough, other than the Devon thing (I've got nothing against Devon, but I just LOVE Starbucks!!! I'm sorry, I know that word is swearing) we have the same general idea.
6 February 2012, 16:59,
In a SHTF NO Starbucks. Just like the yanks over priced and over here.
6 February 2012, 17:13,
(6 February 2012, 16:59)uks Wrote: In a SHTF NO Starbucks.

Those words cut me deep with great fear!

Guess what I'm going to be stock piling next!!!! OH YEAH!!! Who's going to be sipping a big of luxury in the aftermath? Oh yes, that's right...me and the Bristol team.
6 February 2012, 17:16,
Thats it mate thats a proper prepper talking now "stock what you eat and drink, drink and eat what you stock"
6 February 2012, 19:54,
Iv just been oftered a terraced house with a high walled rear garden, so no moat just yet Smile