• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Uk food supplies
6 February 2012, 08:41,
Uk food supplies
http://www.fwi.co.uk/Articles/15/02/2011...-is-it.htm
6 February 2012, 09:31,
RE: Uk food supplies
Good find.

UKS, do you spend all day checking out a massive variety of information sources? This one has come from the deep beyond!

I guess, what this means is that should WW3 kick off, we would all be pretty screwed in relation to feeding ourselves. It also makes the thought of a fuel shortage much more dangerous. It doesn't have to be us having the fuel shortage to screw up our food supply, it just needs to be one of our main suppliers.
6 February 2012, 10:03,
No mate i work from home, what i do is type something and sees what comes up. This one i was looking on self sufficiency and it just came up.
6 February 2012, 10:08,
(6 February 2012, 10:03)uks Wrote: No mate i work from home, what i do is type something and sees what comes up. This one i was looking on self sufficiency and it just came up.

Oh okay, that's fair enough.

If you're into self sufficency, check out Earthships!!! WOOO!!! That's my prepper plan.
6 February 2012, 12:16,
food INSUFFICIENCY is not a new thing, ever since the 80s governments have relied heavily on imported food, if there was a WW3 that would stop, which is why there is such a waiting list for allotments these days.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 February 2012, 13:05,
(6 February 2012, 12:16)bigpaul Wrote: which is why there is such a waiting list for allotments these days.

Are you serious? I was speaking to AlyBear about getting like 4 allotment bits in a square and digging it up over night to build a foundation for an underground bunker.

The idea was to build like a false floor that could easily be put into place. A wooden frame with a roof, that was covered in dirt. Then building under the spaces and lining it with concrete. Sounds far fetched, but you could place a shed on each corner so that they are all in the same point, then take out the floor and start digging. Distributing the dirt would be easy enough, and we would have plenty of time.

It was a last resort idea, but one we were thinking.

Oh well.
6 February 2012, 16:31,
Allotments are very busy places not really any chance of keeping something like that. Even a small structure how many tonnes to move?. Remember 1 square yard = 1 tonne
6 February 2012, 16:40,
(6 February 2012, 16:31)uks Wrote: Allotments are very busy places not really any chance of keeping something like that. Even a small structure how many tonnes to move?. Remember 1 square yard = 1 tonne

That's a fair point. I was thinking about putting 4 sheds together in a 2x2 layout, covering the joining corners of the allotments. From then it would be pretty easy to pull up 1 shed floor and start digging. I was also thinking of working through the nights. Not that I would take speed, but Friday night after work until Sunday lunch time (to allow for comedown) work almost non-stop.

The least would have been a host of different caches under each shed. But if there's a waiting list, neither are really that possible anyway.
6 February 2012, 16:53,
If its anything like our allotments you have to get permission to put up a shed let alone 4.
6 February 2012, 17:02,
(6 February 2012, 16:53)uks Wrote: If its anything like our allotments you have to get permission to put up a shed let alone 4.

That's okay. The waiting list thing has put me off enough as it is.