Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
hello to all
7 February 2012, 02:46,
hello to all
Hi

What can I say?

Humankind evolves so slowly that we are still basically the same animals who made tools from flint, relied on hunting and gathering for our sustenance and built perfectly good shelters from timber, stone and turf.

Our ancestors took whatever was available and used it in whichever way suited us at the time, but now, most of us just use things according to a label on the box and throw them away when they no longer serve their designed purpose.

while scientific advances have given us wonderful new options, I believe that we should all take the time to assess our own abilities and knowledge, try to re-learn some of the basic skills our forefathers took for granted and to exploit the infinite catalogue of technological advances that have come and gone so rapidly since the begining of the industrial revolution.

Whether we are looking at the end of civilization, or just taking a couple of weeks camping holiday, the ability to use our initiative by making better use of existing technology, or by creating opportunities from available natural resources, is something that can not only reduce our dependency upon specific items for specific jobs, but reduce the number of items required for daily life from a ton of plastic to a kitbag full of fun,

Sermon over (sorry, but I get carried away. .Lol. .)

Failure to prepare mentally, is preparing to fail totally.
7 February 2012, 06:55,
RE: hello to all
Greetings Preacher. Welcome to the forum.
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

7 February 2012, 07:39,
Hello and welcome
7 February 2012, 09:19,
Hi Preacher.

The sermon was pretty good.

You missed the part that said "WOO to Scythe13", but that's okay haha.

What parts of survivalism and prepping are you interested in?
7 February 2012, 13:22,
hello from norfolk very good forum my friend
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
7 February 2012, 19:10,
Big welcome from Essex
7 February 2012, 19:39,
Welcome. Hope you enjoy the site.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
11 February 2012, 05:55,
Welcome Preacher, Read, enjoy and absorb all the useful information. Kenneth Eames.
11 February 2012, 11:08,
Ey up matey, hello and welcome.
You have to get up early to catch a fox.
11 February 2012, 11:35,
welcome from deepest, darkest DevonTongue good first post, very informative, keep up the good work.Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.