Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prepping for the future in your chosen retreat location
9 February 2012, 16:49,
RE: Prepping for the future in your chosen retreat location
If anyone plans on attacking my place may I suggest you look up words like Fougasse, Caltrop, Molitov, Napalm, Thermite etc first.

9 February 2012, 16:57,
Fougasse are you going to throw bread at them!!!
Caltrop off them a crow's foot!!!
Molitov your going to offer them a cocktail!!!
Napalm or vaseline for chap lips!!!
Thermite give them a firelighter!!!
N.R. this is unlike you to be so generous to trespassers
9 February 2012, 18:48,
Fougasse (weapon)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For other meanings, see fougasse (disambiguation).

A fougasse (pronounced /fuːˈɡɑːs/) is an improvised mine constructed by making a hollow in the ground or rock and filling it with explosives (originally, black powder) and projectiles. Fougasse was well known to military engineers by the mid-eighteenth century but was also referred to by Vauban in the seventeenth century and was used by Zimmerman at Augsburg in the sixteenth century. This technique was used in several European wars, the American Revolution, and the American Civil War. The term is still used to describe such devices.
Smile Smile

9 February 2012, 19:50,
sounds a bit involved for me, i'll stick with my air rifle, bows and arrows and a few well hidden snares and traps.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 February 2012, 20:04,
(9 February 2012, 19:50)bigpaul Wrote: sounds a bit involved for me, i'll stick with my air rifle, bows and arrows and a few well hidden snares and traps.

Couldn't agree more!
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

9 February 2012, 20:07,
NR,

We have no doubt you are secure.

Do you make your own caltrops.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 February 2012, 20:14, (This post was last modified: 9 February 2012, 20:41 by NorthernRaider.)
(9 February 2012, 20:07)Skean Dhude Wrote: NR,

We have no doubt you are secure.

Do you make your own caltrops.

If you had ever seen my welding you would not ask, I can burn a hole on 1 inch thick plate armour steel with a 4 watt soldering iron, The word hopeless was invented to desrcribe my welding skills Smile I only have a few caltrops that I erm .... obtained from a middle ages re-enactment society. I've see a sketch on how to cut some from flat 4 or 5 mm plate with a jigsaw then bash em into shape with a hammer.
BTW you can make a nice collection of smaller but effective anti tyre and foot caltrops by attacking a roll of 3 mm galv barbed wire with a pair of tinsnips. Just cut the barbs from the wire by cutting about an inch eaither side of the barb.

9 February 2012, 21:16,
That sounds very expensive. I wonder if anyone sells any of these things. the US perhaps?
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 February 2012, 01:23, (This post was last modified: 10 February 2012, 01:53 by Timelord.)
Caltrops are simplicity to make. you can do it with a few bent nails fastened together! Fougasse weapon systems were also used by the Home guard & special stay behind units during the 2ndWW. Luckily Jerry didn't invade so we didn't have to use them. They were used in the 2nd & 1st WW in Europe. they are hideously effective & simple to prepare. There are many Home guard expedient weapon systems that were quite effective with basic provisions and the info is still readily available + video of it.
Fougasse can also be used to project burning flammable liquid. This is probably its most effective form and is highly efficient at taking out armoured or other vehicles when set up in an ambush position. Any attendent troops would be literally toast!
I always thought Molatov & Napalm go nicely together.. Superb for perimeter defence as long as combustable materials are removed prior and trajectory has enough clearance from defended hard cover. Quite possibly the most effective crowd deterrent or mind changer ever. That is why flame thrower operator soldiers were always a number 1 prime target and were never taken prisoner. It was the fear of what the weapon could do. Really we are talking about projection of fire. It is a big deal wether automated or manually applied. TL.
Caltrops >>> If desiring to hinder the process of a target vehicle along an unmade track or off road, then don't bother with caltrops or even waste them. Just hammer stout 4inch or bigger nails througha plank at say a 60degree angle. A few rows of these with the individual nails about 2 inches apart should do the trick. Quick, easy, no special tools. Next - shallow bury the plank or cover with dirt etc so just the nails prtotrude against the direction of expected travel or nails in 2 directions on the board is doable. You can even set the plank slightly deeper and cover with material or brush layer + a v.light layer of dirt on top.

This will also work for intruders on foot if the nail angle is more vertical. Very effective in the dark at strategic choke points or rearward areas!
For the vehicle, - When the tyre rolls over the nails, it will receive multiple penetrations and deflate extremely quickly, what is more, the board will whip around & jam in the wheel arch. The vehicle should come to an abrupt stop, especially if this is repeated on a few wheels simultaneously . Ideal for "having a chat".. What you do not want is for some type of puncture device that allows the vehicle to drive on for an indefined distance. This would likely negate the small scale ambush tactical advantage.
For foot intruders, then it is likely you will hear the scream as they step on the device or at least it will ruin their nocturnal prowlings. lol, TL.
1 April 2012, 11:49,
Pungi sticks in a camouflaged hole is a useful device, especially if smeared with human excreta. These were used by the Vietnamese and other Commies in Asia. If the pungi sticks are coated in Excreta it poisons the blood and if the person doesn't die he generally ends up minus a leg or foot. Charming! Kenneth Eames.