Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Up to THREE MILLION 'Preppers' in the U.S. are prepared for for the end of the world
12 February 2012, 12:24,
RE: Up to THREE MILLION 'Preppers' in the U.S. are prepared for for the end of the world
Well I monitor the stats rarely but I checked them today.

As of today have;
75 signed up on the contact DB. All real verified people.
There are 190 signed up for this forum. There should be no spammers at the moment as I verified them when we changed sign up systems but one or two may have slipped through.
Most days there are significantly more guests than users on the forum. At this point there is just myself and there are seven guests. (See at the bottom of the main page of the forum) but I have seen 20 guests on at some points and several times up to 8 named users as well plus two regular search engines.
The peak time for reading the main site is in the evening and yesterdays stats show 942 Some of them will be spammers and search engines. I have no idea how many. There is no such reliable data for the forum due to the way the stats record hits but the server served 2400 page hits yesterday. This could be 1 person 2,400 times (Probably Scythe13 Smile ) or 2,400 people hitting a page each. Clearly it is somewhere inbetween. This does not include pages that do not completely load so if it loads slow and you move away it doesn't count. There should be few of those as the site is not hitting performance problems.
There are 114 people reading the site by RSS. All the main site posts go out on RSS so people don't need to even visit the main page. Some may and they would count on the site stats as well.
In addition I know two very active preppers myself who are not signed up.
Now this is not a lot compared to some sites but it is a vast increase over the last few months and it is much more than some of the other sites I have been talking to. I'm happy with them and they are heading in the right direction.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
12 February 2012, 19:15,
RE: Up to THREE MILLION 'Preppers' in the U.S. are prepared for for the end of the world
(12 February 2012, 12:24)Skean Dhude Wrote: There is no such reliable data for the forum due to the way the stats record hits but the server served 2400 page hits yesterday. This could be 1 person 2,400 times (Probably Scythe13 Smile ) or 2,400 people hitting a page each. Clearly it is somewhere inbetween.

Yeah, most of that is probably me. When I'm in the office, I leave myself logged in and everytime I finish reading one of the tutorial style posts from NR, SD, BP, UKS, or someone like that, I update the page to check what's new.

I can't help it, I'm a learning machine! haha