Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cost of food
22 February 2012, 13:28, (This post was last modified: 22 February 2012, 13:30 by Scythe13.)
RE: Cost of food
I think they are trying to starve us out of house and home haha.
Actually, if you think about the food price increases, it kind of looks like inflation has hit us greatly!

Is it possible that food will start to become measure in pounds and tens of pounds, instead of pounds and pence?
4 March 2012, 18:24,
(22 February 2012, 13:28)Scythe13 Wrote: I think they are trying to starve us out of house and home haha.
Actually, if you think about the food price increases, it kind of looks like inflation has hit us greatly!

Is it possible that food will start to become measure in pounds and tens of pounds, instead of pounds and pence?

Indeed - ALOT of money has been pumped into the system, which historically leads to inflation -

I went to ASDA a few days ago and I really could not tell you what in my bag was worth £61.00????. a couple boxes of cat food, some yogart, some fruit, a loaft of bread, a margarine, 1 pack of bacon, 1 pack of salami, 1 bag of saled and 1 melon, 2 packs paper towels and 1 single cream.

I remember the days when I spent £120.00 I had food for 6 weeks (this was only about 3 years ago)

Not to get biblical on anyone but the Bible does say "And I heard a voice from among the four living beings say, "A loaf of wheat bread or three loaves of barley will cost a day's pay. And don't waste the olive oil and wine" Rev6:6

Regardless of people's beliefs this is coming to pass before our very eyes the Bible talks about the cost of food going up so high that a days wage will buy 1 loaf of bread (hyper-inflation / food shortages anyone?) - and this will not only be in 3rd world countries but everywhere.

Drought is becoming a major issue in western countries - reducing crops /increasing commodity prices - the cost of oil is going up/ increasing importation costs /increasing food prices & everything else - currency manipulation increasing cost of imports and as result prices.

I have been quietly stocking up because I think things are going to get considerably worse with food prices.
4 March 2012, 18:42,
That's an interesting quote of scripture. I see that happening! Good job I don't like bread.

The main thing I'm thinking is that people will be rioting before then.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
4 March 2012, 19:35,
(4 March 2012, 18:42)Scythe13 Wrote: That's an interesting quote of scripture. I see that happening! Good job I don't like bread. -

The main thing I'm thinking is that people will be rioting before then.

he he heBig Grin (cheeky) -I am sure you got the jist that its all food that will be astronomically expensive. For sure about the rioting- but doubt the government will do anything about it and food will still be expensive
4 March 2012, 19:43,
We stopped buying bread when Warburtons Toastie got to £1.49 a loaf and started making our own which we reckon works out at about 32 pence a loaf. Saying that Aldi is selling it at a £1 a loaf at the moment.

4 March 2012, 20:02,
you cant beat the taste of home baked bread, once you have tasted it you will never again eat the PAP they call bread in the supermarkets!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 March 2012, 20:09,
(4 March 2012, 20:02)bigpaul Wrote: you cant beat the taste of home baked bread, once you have tasted it you will never again eat the PAP they call bread in the supermarkets!

AlyBear's dad makes the best bread I've ever tasted. I'm not much of a bread eater, but he made a date and walnut loaf the other day......MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!! delicious!!!

Morrisons make an inferior date and walnut loaf. Only £1.59 for a small loaf!!!

I'm not sure whether an oil crisis or just general inflation will make food super expensive. All I know is, right now, the 2 situations are working together.
5 March 2012, 05:56,
And with reports of 20% of people borrowing to buy food, we all know what the end game is.
5 March 2012, 07:42,
Make all my own bread by hand thinking off doing one of those bread making courses this year.
Failure is NOT an option
5 March 2012, 09:13,
(5 March 2012, 05:56)Weyoun Wrote: And with reports of 20% of people borrowing to buy food, we all know what the end game is.

That's quite mad! Where did you hear that? Like proper loans, or just on creditcards?

It could just be one of those 'special statistics' manipulated to seem really bad. Like 20% of people using creditcards, then paying them off again straight away, but saying they are borrowing.