Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
LIFESAVER Products
16 February 2012, 00:21,
LIFESAVER Products
Hi what do you think about these.

http://www.lifesaversystems.com/lifesave...r-jerrycan

with one of these in the loft and the problem about access to clean water is solved,

Big Grin

16 February 2012, 03:37,
RE: LIFESAVER Products
(16 February 2012, 00:21)ukphil Wrote: Hi what do you think about these.

http://www.lifesaversystems.com/lifesave...r-jerrycan

with one of these in the loft and the problem about access to clean water is solved,

Big Grin

yes, is v.good. Pricy though.

All these miracle high tech water filtration systems are in fact using old technology and are a simple filtration system. I posted a few days ago under a water filters thread, listing 1 micron water filters and activated carbon inline filters that I sourced on ebay for around £2 each. these were good quality branded products and the carbon one was 10x the size/capacity of the one shown here. Ok it was designed for domestic application but it would work just the same. The only thing is you would need to be able to cobble together a simple piped container system to link the filters together. should be easy. I am looking at making one myself soon and with a cut down personal BOB version too. I could probably make 6 sets from £6 worth of filters inc p&p + the cost of any plumbing/container, which should be cheap enough. I think we are being well ripped off with the prices commercially listed for this type of kit. maybe I should go into business making these. lol.TL.

Still the system shown in the link looks well made and would be a great asset.
16 February 2012, 11:22,
May be pricy but it works out 1.03p a litre. That isn't expensive at all. It's just initial outlay. Then the replacement filters cost 0.85p a litre.

Seems a good buy to me.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
16 February 2012, 14:20,
I'm still inclined towards the camalbak online filter thing, it's £60 for 300 litres. That's 20p a litre! Sold!!!
16 February 2012, 15:39,
It is expensive when water in tescos costs abot 30p a liter or less...
asdas last time I looked was about 18p for 2 liters. buy, rewrap in clingfilm 6 packs or store in boxes in the dark dark loft.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
16 February 2012, 16:23,
i've already got the LifeSaver water bottle(not the jerrycan).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 February 2012, 17:21,
(16 February 2012, 15:39)mikebratcher69 Wrote: It is expensive when water in tescos costs abot 30p a liter or less...
asdas last time I looked was about 18p for 2 liters. buy, rewrap in clingfilm 6 packs or store in boxes in the dark dark loft.

Mike,

What is more expensive? 1p a litre compared to 30p.

Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
16 February 2012, 19:02,
(16 February 2012, 17:21)Skean Dhude Wrote:
(16 February 2012, 15:39)mikebratcher69 Wrote: It is expensive when water in tescos costs abot 30p a liter or less...
Mike,

What is more expensive? 1p a litre compared to 30p.

This better not be one of those trick questions.

Is it going to be like, 30p a litre, but it saves the world, or 1p a litre that kills 100 butterflies and 3 species of moth?