Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pallet Garden.
21 February 2012, 10:48, (This post was last modified: 21 February 2012, 11:03 by TOF.)
Pallet Garden.

I was sent this link a while ago. When I move, I'm going to have a go at these. It struck me as a good idea for furtive food growing.

http://lifeonthebalcony.com/how-to-turn-...-a-garden/
Also for the DIY challenged among us.... Instant rased beds.

http://pallet-collars.co.uk/

I bought some a couple years ago, they are still sound and cost £3.00 each.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
21 February 2012, 11:06,
RE: Pallet Garden.
That's really cool. Good find mate.
21 February 2012, 11:28,
Thats what I want to do but finding pallets is hard up here.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 February 2012, 11:37,
A type of vertical gardening.
Failure is NOT an option
21 February 2012, 12:13,
(21 February 2012, 11:28)Skean Dhude Wrote: Thats what I want to do but finding pallets is hard up here.
pity your not down here then SD, pallets are everywhere in my area, you cant move for falling over them!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 February 2012, 12:48,
(21 February 2012, 11:28)Skean Dhude Wrote: Thats what I want to do but finding pallets is hard up here.

Go to your nearest building site Skean, they throw loads into skips everyday. Just have a word with the Site Agent.
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

21 February 2012, 14:48,
Looks like a trip down south may be worth while.

I've a few building sites that must be worth visiting up here. I'll give it a go.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 February 2012, 14:54,
(21 February 2012, 14:48)Skean Dhude Wrote: Looks like a trip down south may be worth while.

I've a few building sites that must be worth visiting up here. I'll give it a go.

You'd be amazed at what gets thrown away on a building site every day, it's a preppers paradise.
It's always worth getting to know the guy running the job, even if there's nothing to be had for free the man in charge is nearly always happy to let you have a bit of dicount.
If he wont then you can bet the storeman will, the guys on a shit wage for doing long hours and dirty work.
Saturday on a building site is like B&Q's carpark sometimes.
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.