Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Light Weight Shoe Review, Vibram 5 Finger
6 April 2012, 14:06,
RE: Light Weight Shoe Review, Vibram 5 Finger
why not try something like this?: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/hunting-fishin...0657418575 very lightweight with loads of pockets and not so military looking, also available in the majority of open air markets. i ve got one myself!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 April 2012, 15:35,
They look pretty good BP!

It'll be something I do after I get my GHB and BOB fully squared off.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
6 April 2012, 17:03,
(6 April 2012, 14:06)bigpaul Wrote: why not try something like this?: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/hunting-fishin...0657418575 very lightweight with loads of pockets and not so military looking, also available in the majority of open air markets. i ve got one myself!Big Grin

No pockets of any use for my liking.
6 April 2012, 17:34,
(6 April 2012, 17:03)WetandCold Wrote:
(6 April 2012, 14:06)bigpaul Wrote: why not try something like this?: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/hunting-fishin...0657418575 very lightweight with loads of pockets and not so military looking, also available in the majority of open air markets. i ve got one myself!Big Grin

its got 14 pockets! how can you say that?? you just cant satisfy some people!Sad
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 April 2012, 18:36,
(6 April 2012, 17:34)bigpaul Wrote:

its got 14 pockets! how can you say that?? you just cant satisfy some people!Sad

Hi Paul tell me what you would put in those small pockets, I mean in mine I carry cook set, crusader set, poncho, small sleeping bag, knife, coms and ammo, fire making gear, mob, torch few other items I am not going to mention.

I really pack mine out they all have different kit in them so I don’t have to pack for each time I venture out, one pocket on my vest can hold as much gear you could fit in 14 pockets on that vest, I am sorry if I upset you your reply is odd, we are talking about a vest and I feel the one you linked is not up for the job in my case.
6 April 2012, 18:52,
(6 April 2012, 18:36)WetandCold Wrote:
(6 April 2012, 17:34)bigpaul Wrote:

Hi Paul tell me what you would put in those small pockets, I mean in mine I carry cook set, crusader set, poncho, small sleeping bag, knife, coms and ammo, fire making gear, mob, torch few other items I am not going to mention.

I really pack mine out they all have different kit in them so I don’t have to pack for each time I venture out, one pocket on my vest can hold as much gear you could fit in 14 pockets on that vest, I am sorry if I upset you your reply is odd, we are talking about a vest and I feel the one you linked is not up for the job in my case.
i have a 25litre GHB for larger items so the vest would keep the smaller items, folding knife,lighters,button compass, fire striker, small torch-stuff like that, different strokes for different people-you didnt upset me, i was taking the wee-wee!Big Grin
6 April 2012, 19:11,
I use my vest instead of a bag on most occasions, so yes we are talking different strokes regards our needs for vest, as for taking the wee wee I did not pick up on it sorry.

I think I will make a video of one of my vest and what I carry in it.

OPSEC I do tend to have all army kit, I might have to get me a cordura non mil spec vest, will look later see if I find something that meets that need.
6 April 2012, 21:08,
(6 April 2012, 18:36)WetandCold Wrote: Hi Paul tell me what you would put in those small pockets, I mean in mine I carry cook set, crusader set, poncho, small sleeping bag, knife, coms and ammo, fire making gear, mob, torch few other items I am not going to mention.

We have completely lost topic on this thread, but before it gets locked or cleared out, WnC you mentioned a Crusader Set. Never heard of one of those before. What is it, what does it do, and what is it good for?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
6 April 2012, 23:09,
Quick post got to rush out read link look up a few youtube vids.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CRUSADER-COOKI...4160a14f25

7 April 2012, 11:50,
going back to the vests, i think they would make sense to use as a EDC when going into the city or other built up area, where you dont want to wear a backpack for fear of being mistaken for a terrorist by TPTB, but you can still take a lot of gear with you but its not so obvious to the casual observer. i use mine at the gun club, i can carry lots of pellets and co2 capsules plus my wallet and mobile phone in mine.