Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lidl again night vision £59.99
27 February 2012, 12:15,
RE: Lidl again night vision £59.99
remember, that it is not just the illuminator. You can turn it off and use it to detect where others are using the cheaper NVs. So your static watch post can use one without the illuminator to detect those with without being detected themselves. best used when the location being guarded has IR illumination on big spotlights.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
27 February 2012, 22:29,
It was a non-starter, lidl made a stock error no one got any.
21 May 2012, 00:07,
I have that... and of all things, a couple of years ago my Mum got it for me for Christmas!

I was expecting socks... I was chuffed as if I was 8 years old again, andgetting an X-Wing Fighter or something.

Anyway, it's a surprisingly good unit for the money. The IR illuminator reaches out as far as would be sane. I've used it a fair bit: looking for missing cats, tracking bike thieves, watching what the Navy get up to in the harbour under cover of darkness (and I don't mean the obvious), seeing what the foxes are getting up to, ssing what tht group of kids are setting fire too etc. A set of standard Duracell have lasted a year!

So if they ever comeback to LIDL, I would recommend it. It would be in my BOB... if it wasn't for the fact it's always out ready to use.