Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
At last, a real preppers forum
2 March 2012, 06:43, (This post was last modified: 2 March 2012, 06:55 by Weyoun.)
RE: At last, a real preppers forum
(1 March 2012, 11:23)Prep Girl Wrote: Personally I believe only a well armed group can survive, or those that can keep moving and stay hidden, no matter where you live if your house is visible it will sooner or later become a target, forgetting about armed street gangs who will travel in large numbers, we will have military trained predatory groups looking to take from others, can't see a small family no matter how well armed standing a chance of survival, I've said it before and I'll say it again, some of these people are little more then animals now when we have law and order, take the law away? men, woman and children will be beaten, raped, killed and eaten! and some of it just for fun.
It's gona be a big bad world out there and people need to stop dreaming!

I agree with most of what you say, if not all. I am just hoping that we can hold out for 1 year, by which time 2/3rds of the population will be gone and things will begin to stabilise.
(2 March 2012, 02:27)WetandCold Wrote:
(1 March 2012, 17:36)Skean Dhude Wrote: Guys,

I think that even a green belt in Oragami will be enough for what we need. These variations are only really different when you get to the higher levels and none of us want to spend that much time. OK if you have it. In my view you want something that boosts you quickly away from the ordinary person. Any of these would do. Find one that is cheap and convienient.

I like this because it is true; as long as you are doing some sort of training even untrained bag work you will develop a fighting mind to some degree, if nothing else it can become a foundation for future training if you decided to take it beyond basic.

(just don’t make the mistake of going up against a trained fighter or someone that club trains on a regular basis)

All my kids train daily and have done from the age of 7 onwards, my 7 year old started training about a month ago now, I might have a video of him tomorrow doing some basics, depends on the weather, don’t want my camcorder getting wet, I will post it on my YouTube, if you want check it out.

I train daily. I am lucky because I own one of the biggest martial arts academy's in the midlands, with a state of the art gym. We practice weapons drills, Zombie drills, that's 4-5 people full on attacking for 55-10 mins. We have full contact MMA fighting, Khali, JKD, Mauy Thai, and more.

My son practices 4 hours a day, he is 24 and my daughter who is 7 can take out any 10 year old boy with ease.

However, I am not bullet proof, which is why I have vests and other such protection.

Look, all this prepping, fighting, building supplies etc might become pointless if a group of hungry chavs attack me, but it might not, I have a fighting chance. Two guys tried to stab me in the throat in a restaurant last year. They bled for a while and where scooped up by the police and charged. I had about 45 witnesses and CCTV, so that helped. Point is, it could have ended differently, but my training paid off.

One of you guys mentioned that it would be hard to find people with enough money to join me. I don't care if they are broke. There is strength in numbers. Bring me some resource or skill and I will buy more supplies to keep you and your family fed for 1 year whilst we grow more food. We need butchers and farmers, people who can make and mend clothes.

2 March 2012, 11:02,
Depending on the time of year and the weather when it starts I think after a year we are looking at between 90% and 99% gone not 66%.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 March 2012, 11:07,
I'm not so sure about that high percentage SD.

I'm currently reading Off-Grid and Patriots. Off-Grid shows there are a surprisingly high percentage of people living away from any kind of grid. They will be able to survive pretty well.

Beyond that you have the gipsys that are also, kind of, off grid.

I'd go with more like 80% max, would be wiped out. But that could also be too high.

If we expect a 50-60% clear-out of the population, it would be much safer to plan for that. If there are less people, we would all be safer. However, those that survive, would be real contenders and thus could be much more dangerous!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
2 March 2012, 11:08,
tribal warefare ...
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
2 March 2012, 12:12,
Not in the UK. Most of us live in cities. Cities and those within walking distance will be devastated.

It is after all only opinion. Nobody knows what will happen and the devil is in the details.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 March 2012, 12:25,
i found a post on another site some time ago that referred to a Govt study of the 1970s & 80s that reckoned the population would halve EVERY 6MONTHS so if we say a population of 60 million, in 6 months it would be down to 30million, 12 months 15 million, and 18months 7.5 million!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 March 2012, 12:34,
(2 March 2012, 12:25)bigpaul Wrote: i found a post on another site some time ago that referred to a Govt study of the 1970s & 80s that reckoned the population would halve EVERY 6MONTHS so if we say a population of 60 million, in 6 months it would be down to 30million, 12 months 15 million, and 18months 7.5 million!!

I could so afford a house with that many available on the market!!!! haha
2 March 2012, 14:28,
(2 March 2012, 12:34)Scythe13 Wrote:
(2 March 2012, 12:25)bigpaul Wrote: i found a post on another site some time ago that referred to a Govt study of the 1970s & 80s that reckoned the population would halve EVERY 6MONTHS so if we say a population of 60 million, in 6 months it would be down to 30million, 12 months 15 million, and 18months 7.5 million!!

well, even if we reckon it levels out after a year thats still down to 25% so Scythe you can have up to 4 houses not just one!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 March 2012, 15:01,
(2 March 2012, 14:28)bigpaul Wrote:

well, even if we reckon it levels out after a year thats still down to 25% so Scythe you can have up to 4 houses not just one!

Well, figuring there will be no electricity bill, water bill, council tax, or anything like that.....sounds like a good plan to me! SOLD!!!
2 March 2012, 15:06, (This post was last modified: 2 March 2012, 15:12 by bigpaul.)
(2 March 2012, 15:01)Scythe13 Wrote:

Well, figuring there will be no electricity bill, water bill, council tax, or anything like that.....sounds like a good plan to me! SOLD!!!
yeah well, there would probably be NO electric, gas, water or sewerage, no refuse collections, no fuel and no deliveriesBig Grin

(2 March 2012, 15:06)bigpaul Wrote:
(2 March 2012, 15:01)Scythe13 Wrote:

yeah well, there would probably be NO electric, gas, water or sewerage, no refuse collections, no fuel and no deliveriesBig Grin
on the good side, there would be less people, less neighbours and less interference, in my town we would be down to about 250 people with about 100-125 left on my estate, not sure if that is good or bad-i'd like to get it down to about 25!Tongue