Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Osborne: UK has run out of money
28 February 2012, 14:30, (This post was last modified: 28 February 2012, 14:38 by mikebratcher69.)
George Osborne: UK has run out of money
The Government 'has run out of money' and cannot afford debt-fuelled tax cuts or extra spending, George Osborne has admitted.

In a stark warning ahead of next month’s Budget, the Chancellor said there was little the Coalition could do to stimulate the economy.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics...money.html
I wonder what marvels the new budget will hold for us?
We already face higher fuel costs, higher food costs, higher everything costs.
I think my friends we're on the brink of benefit cuts pension cuts, higher rents, higher council tax etc...
how long will it be for people in work to not be able to afford to go to work?
What'll happen then?
I dont think a british "greece" is too far away, but who's going to bail us out if anyone will and at what cost.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
28 February 2012, 15:32,
RE: George Osborne: UK has run out of money
We could easily cut income tax to 10% and VAT to 5% and fuel duty by 60 p a litre if we scrapped the obscene bloated welfare system in the UK. The money is always better off in the pockets of those who earned it and not wasted on millions who think they are entitled to it.

28 February 2012, 15:46,
i think we could cut the welfare bill if we stopped paying people to breed, pay child benefit for the first child but that's it, if people want to have more children then that is their choice but i dont see why the tax payer has to fund their lifestyle. after WW2 was fair enough, they were trying to replace all the workforce that died, but in the 21st century we are OVER populated and i believe this practise should stop, it would stop all these single mothers who have 7,8,9 children by different fathers and never work a day in their lives. contentious i know, but i dont see why a (personal) lifestyle choice should be funded by the state.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 February 2012, 17:16,
You can only stop these things slowly. You cannot just say no more welfare without triggering a civil war. The time for this was during the boom years, not now.

Now we have people who have paid in for decades being told that they cannot get out from the system they funded. Not good for them and they have done nothing wrong.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
28 February 2012, 18:36,
Did I post this same article this morning??
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

28 February 2012, 19:11,
We did yours was first I think... thats what I get for posting without reading the days new posts... ha hahhahahahahahahaTongueTongueTongue
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."