Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bristol Meet Pt2
2 March 2012, 11:16,
Bristol Meet Pt2
Hi Everyone

Okay, this is a really simple one that most of you are probably already going to.

Bristol Team Meet part 2 will be......the S.UK meet haha.

If you came to the Bristol Meet, and you're able to make it to the S.UK meet, that is fantastic!!!

If you are unable to make it, but would still like to go, contact me and I'll see what I can arrange for you.

I understand it is quite a distance to go, but it will be well worth it.

After that, a meet will be held again in Bristol around the middle of April.

If you are able to come, regardless of whether you're in Bristol or not, it would be great to see you there.

This meet will be another social, but I'll be speaking with everyone and making plans on what we all want to achieve as individuals, then working on strategies for us to achieve those things.

One thing I need is someone that is up for camping every 3-4 weekends. Odds are nobody is up for that (not even AlyBear) but if someone wants to come along and practice their outdoor/bushcraft skills, some along and we can work together. Also, anyone up for rock climbing, starting to learn kayaking, and a million other things.

The team is there to support each other and for us to grow our skills and knowledge, as well as our ability to work together.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
2 March 2012, 16:04,
RE: Bristol Meet Pt2
I'm up for the camping bud. Just smashed it an bought myself a 5 meter souldpad and a frontier stove.

Bit bulky for the woods though - so I'll bring me tarp an bivi-bag Big Grin
2 March 2012, 16:08,
(2 March 2012, 16:04)00111001 Wrote: I'm up for the camping bud. Just smashed it an bought myself a 5 meter souldpad and a frontier stove.

Cool, it's on.

I'm going to be trying to camp using an emergency shelter tent thing next time, I think. It's super light weight, and possibly of equal quality to the cost.......very low. But that's the fun really.

I want to be able to get down to just using a poncho or something like that.
2 March 2012, 16:25,
(2 March 2012, 16:08)Scythe13 Wrote:
(2 March 2012, 16:04)00111001 Wrote: I'm up for the camping bud. Just smashed it an bought myself a 5 meter souldpad and a frontier stove.

Cool, it's on.

I'm going to be trying to camp using an emergency shelter tent thing next time, I think. It's super light weight, and possibly of equal quality to the cost.......very low. But that's the fun really.

I want to be able to get down to just using a poncho or something like that.

Tarp, bivi and a doss-bag should see you through. Oh, and a sleepmat.

Half tempted with a hammock, DD do one that you can use as a ground dwelling as well as a hammock - but I want to see one in person before I click "Buy"
2 March 2012, 16:30,
(2 March 2012, 16:25)00111001 Wrote: Tarp, bivi and a doss-bag should see you through. Oh, and a sleepmat.

Half tempted with a hammock, DD do one that you can use as a ground dwelling as well as a hammock - but I want to see one in person before I click "Buy"

Yeah, I know that feeling!

Sounds like a plan.
2 March 2012, 16:35,
(2 March 2012, 16:30)Scythe13 Wrote:
(2 March 2012, 16:25)00111001 Wrote: Tarp, bivi and a doss-bag should see you through. Oh, and a sleepmat.

Yeah, I know that feeling!

Sounds like a plan.

I VERY nearly had one of these a while ago, but at 6'2 there's no room for gear or anything. Look a bit claustrophobic too.

Apparently quite good though? Anyone used one?
2 March 2012, 16:37,
(2 March 2012, 16:35)00111001 Wrote: I VERY nearly had one of these a while ago, but at 6'2 there's no room for gear or anything. Look a bit claustrophobic too.

Apparently quite good though? Anyone used one?

No thanks! It looks weird and likely to be easy to break!
2 March 2012, 16:40,
(2 March 2012, 16:37)Scythe13 Wrote: No thanks! It looks weird and likely to be easy to break!

Aye, if the poles break then you're just left with a waterproof bivi bag.

Might struggle to find your way out of it though!
6 March 2012, 15:26,
Got any dates for the camping yet?

Being a married man I have to apply in writing 4 weeks before I want to do anything. The whole process is a nightmare, I still don't see the need to provide a urine sample. Part of me thinks she's just taking the piss...
6 March 2012, 15:40,
(6 March 2012, 15:26)00111001 Wrote: Got any dates for the camping yet?

Being a married man I have to apply in writing 4 weeks before I want to do anything. The whole process is a nightmare, I still don't see the need to provide a urine sample. Part of me thinks she's just taking the piss...

yeah, literally!!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.