Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer
1 December 2012, 14:25,
RE: Deer
(1 December 2012, 14:13)Ranger Wrote:
(27 May 2012, 17:50)NorthernRaider Wrote: . We have Red, Roe, Muntjuics, and Fallow deer in the wild plus some huge herds in capitivity, along with Buffalo, Wild Boar, Ostrichs, Alpacas etc and a few Wallabys

i've always been under the impression that if you hit a deer (or pheasant, or rabbit) and take it away, then you could be done for poaching, whereas, if the car in front of you hits the creature and you take it, that's ok. i don't
know if this is correct so hopefully somebody can let us know.
another thought is about the creatures in these wildlife parks and zoos. in a post shtf world would we break down the barriers to give these creatures a chance to survive and breed. same with farm animals. i think killing the apex predators would have to be done as these could become a real danger if on the loose

Yes It is also my understanding that the car behind has the bird, badger, deer should they wish, the car that hit the animal would technically be poaching. Although how many people would want to eat road kill?

Personally I would risk being considered a poacher and making sure firstly that the animal was put out of further misery and secondly that it didn't go to waste. I find that taking them home and covering them with a blanket of pastry and poping them in a warm oven is a very humane thing to do rather than leaving them on a cold wet roadside..Wink

I do worry about zoo animals as well as rescue kennels and such like, if the SHTF they could all strave to death locked in their cages. Not nice!
1 December 2012, 14:37,
(1 December 2012, 14:25)SealDriver Wrote: how many people would want to eat road kill?

ME! i would and have done!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 December 2012, 20:09,
TIP.... always take your longbow with you BP
2 December 2012, 10:42,
(1 December 2012, 20:09)Straight Shooter Wrote: TIP.... always take your longbow with you BP

i thought we were talking about roadkill? dont need my longbow for roadkill.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 December 2012, 10:43,
(2 December 2012, 10:42)bigpaul Wrote:
(1 December 2012, 20:09)Straight Shooter Wrote: TIP.... always take your longbow with you BP

Unless you are having a pint of cider with it.Wink
2 December 2012, 10:45,
(2 December 2012, 10:43)SealDriver Wrote:

you have a very strange impression of us Devonians!Big Grin
2 December 2012, 10:47,
(2 December 2012, 10:45)bigpaul Wrote:
(2 December 2012, 10:43)SealDriver Wrote:

Sorry B.P I made a typo! I meant 'Zider' Wink
you have a very strange impression of us Devonians!Big Grin

3 December 2012, 08:43,
(1 December 2012, 14:13)Ranger Wrote: i've always been under the impression that if you hit a deer (or pheasant, or rabbit) and take it away, then you could be done for poaching, whereas, if the car in front of you hits the creature and you take it, that's ok. i don't
know if this is correct so hopefully somebody can let us know.

This is also how the poaching law in Scotland,.. but there is never anyone around to know who hit the animal in the first place.

As for eating road kill, there is no difference between that and eating gun shot animals, providing they are taken fresh,... I often either pick them up in my car,... or if I am in my works van I will often gut them just off the side of the road and collect the meat later,.. I get some the dogs get most of them
A major part of survival is invisibility.
11 December 2012, 03:25,
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/12/03/nh...o.facebook

Here's one of those funny stories from the US Smile
11 December 2012, 07:28,
(11 December 2012, 03:25)Aili Wrote: http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/12/03/nh...o.facebook

Here's one of those funny stories from the US Smile

Wow that man was very lucky indeed!Confused A Danish friend of mine did something similar in Scotland on a great big Red Deer Stag. The Stag wrapped him around his antlers and for sometime my friend was stuck and being bashed to bits. Eventually he got away but the stag made off with my friends rifle that was wrapped by the sling around his antler brow tines. He found his broken rifle the next day but not the stag.Big Grin