Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what air rifle
1 December 2012, 20:27,
what air rifle
what type is best ? type of pellets? no chance of shotgun lience
1 December 2012, 21:10,
RE: what air rifle
Depends on what you want it for, over the years I settled on 22 ( 5.5 mm) some who spend lots of time shooting pigeons like the flatter tragectory of 177 ( 4.5mm) and .25 is becoming more popular for Field target roles cos if its extra weight. I'm hooked on Synthetic stocks that are lighter than wood and easier to modify / adapt. My last rifle was the ultra short light weight BSA Ultra Tactical Carbine I had modified with a Tench regulator, this gave me 85 full power shots ( 11.8 ft pounds) compared with the basic models 40 shots.
I sold it to Binary another forum member, I really like the self contained Pneumatic air rifles but I still like Springers, trouble is getting a decent tactical springer under 36 inches long.

Is archery kit out of the question?

1 December 2012, 21:29,
[quote='NorthernRaider' pid='36561' dateline='1354392607']
Depends on what you want it for, over the years I settled on 22 ( 5.5 mm) some who spend lots of time shooting pigeons like the flatter tragectory of 177 ( 4.5mm) and .25 is becoming more popular for Field target roles cos if its extra weight. I'm hooked on Synthetic stocks that are lighter than wood and easier to modify / adapt. My last rifle was the ultra short light weight BSA Ultra Tactical Carbine I had modified with a Tench regulator, this gave me 85 full power shots ( 11.8 ft pounds) compared with the basic models 40 shots.
I sold it to Binary another forum member, I really like the self contained Pneumatic air rifles but I still like Springers, trouble is getting a decent tactical springer under 36 inches long.

Is archery kit out o
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
1 December 2012, 21:39,
an all rounder really something that will quite happily take rabbits and such down, never really thought about archery you mean crossbow or similar ?
1 December 2012, 22:17,
Yup many of us use Crossbows and long bows in our kit for hunting two and four legged critters after TSHTF and air rifles confined to bunny bashing, look in the hunting section for articles and reviews