Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is it really Bows or Guns??
28 June 2012, 22:36,
RE: Is it really Bows or Guns??
(28 June 2012, 21:47)Tonka Wrote: That's a Kawasaki Z1100, mildly chopped. That photo was taken shortly before it went woodland DPM.
It was a big heavy beast, very fast in a straight line, not so great round corners. They were popular drag racing bikes. That bike is smashed to oblivion now. The car that hit me did a bit of damage to it... but dropping it off the forklift at the recovery centre finished it off quite comprehensively.

Very streetfighter, cool, my last machine was a matt black GS 100 with raised bars, got nicked one Christmas morn.

7 July 2012, 23:48,
(28 June 2012, 22:36)NorthernRaider Wrote: Very streetfighter, cool, my last machine was a matt black GS 100 with raised bars, got nicked one Christmas morn.

Matt black is one of the better colours for any vehicle. Do you mean a GS1000? I'm not sure I know the GS 100, although I did learn on a GS125. It was a good bike, but with me on it, it may as well have been a monkey bike.

I have a GS 750 chop at the moment. It's not on the road though, it needs a new exhaust.

Bringing it slightly back on topic, when I was a kid I installed a spring powered dart gun on my mountain bike. It ran along the cross bar and could take out tyres. I took it off after an accidental discharge lodged a home made dart deep into the buttocks of the Milkman's son Confused
8 July 2012, 10:31, (This post was last modified: 8 July 2012, 10:32 by NorthernRaider.)
Yeah it was a blue GS Thou, I got it after I has a rat bike GS750, Heavy bloody thing, I still prefer 500 to 650 cc twins.
Big Paul has a rather tidy grey import CB 450 cruiser, I'm jelous as ....
My mate who had a bike spray shop was a chopper nut, he loved his hard tailed bikes til he got older !! helluva a custom painter

8 July 2012, 20:03,
Those were the days. I loved those water bottles.

My mate here is building a Harley Electra Glide, not in blue, and has an old 750 Bonny. I remember sitting on one at traffic lights and my eyeballs were out of focus with the vibrations.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 July 2012, 22:32,
Old Brit bikes are fun. I have an Enfield Bullet, and with careful use of the gear box, one can make the ride very interesting for ladies going pillion!
9 July 2012, 22:43,
(9 July 2012, 22:32)Tonka Wrote: Old Brit bikes are fun. I have an Enfield Bullet, and with careful use of the gear box, one can make the ride very interesting for ladies going pillion!

I almost bought an Enfield India 500 single last year, prior to that I was sniffing after an Enfield India Diesel bike, I waited to long for both, The first went for £150 and it was only 3 years old, the diesel went for £500 and was a 2000 I think ???. There is one that comes through our village very early every sunday morning and you can hear it coming from miles away, it only fires every lamp post. Whump..............Whump............. Whump............ then its gone.

I dearly miss having a bike.

1 December 2012, 10:16,
(3 March 2012, 13:17)Prep Girl Wrote: Yeah I'd chose a bow before a gun, well actually I'd like both, K will learn Archery in the cadets and will be doing target practice with guns, and it is all about the practice! in a panic situation your only as good as your skill.
I'm in two minds about shotguns, don't wana go on the list but, first signs of shtf I'd be out of here in about half hour, with that in mind I keep thinking it wouldn't matter if I was on the list coz I'd be gone before they got here, but I think it's a better plan to stay off the list and improve my skills with what I have.

Hi,
Forgive my ignorance prep girl but why wouldn't you want to be on the firearms register?
I think if the shit did ever hit the fan the police would be more interested in stopping the Chav hoards from looting not coming after you for legally owning a gun. Plus If it was a real bug out situation would there even be any police left?

A bow and arrow is great for hunting but if 2-3 intruders get in your property would you rather have a bow loaded with 1 arrow or a shotgun loaded with 3 shells? For me it's not a case of one or the other, the more you have the better chance you have of surviving. Neither is better but both certainly have there place. If things ever went bad I'd use abow for hunting, my rifle for limited hunting and mainly protection and my shotgun purely for protection.
1 December 2012, 12:13,
If a SHTF situation really occurs, then how useful is that bow & arrow going to be against 2 legged predators?

ASK THE FRENCHSmile
1 December 2012, 12:19,
the thing with a bow and arrow is that its quiet unlike a gun, by the time anyone realises it they've already got an arrow sticking out of them. also there are times when you want to be quiet(people about) but you still HAVE to go hunting so this is when i will be using my bow and arrow.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 December 2012, 12:26, (This post was last modified: 1 December 2012, 12:37 by NorthernRaider.)
(1 December 2012, 12:13)Tartar Horde Wrote: If a SHTF situation really occurs, then how useful is that bow & arrow going to be against 2 legged predators?

ASK THE FRENCHSmile

Agincourt, Creche, Maylaya, Borneo,Normandy etc

Imagine in my case a small family group all armed with compound bows and recurve pistol crossbows, each archer can fire a min of 10 aimed arrows a minute, plus the pistol bows for cq stuff.
Apart from my membership of UKIP which I could not resist ( had to be a part of something truly patriotic) I have got rid of my credit cards, loyalty cards even my library cards, I dont want any computorised system monitoring my purchases, I dont want anyone noting what books I'm archiving, and I certainly dont want to be on any home office register for FACs or Amateur radio kit.

The government is NOT stupid, its NOT going to wait until society is unravelling before it starts siezing guns and radios EXACTLY as they did just before WW1 and WW2. I'm equally certain GCHQ etc will be noting the existance of prepper, anarchist, right wing, left wing, militant etc forums and its content / members.

Either way its clearly in my opinion for my group an UNNECCESSARY RISK, so we do without Ham kit and FAC, we are fortunate to have room to manouvre around here, but who is to say others on this forum may be in a differing stategic position and owning an FAC registered gun is their only option.