Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ocean Acidification
3 March 2012, 03:37,
Ocean Acidification
Is this something that could affect us in our lifetimes?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/ocean-acidifica...17511.html
3 March 2012, 09:55,
RE: Ocean Acidification
When I went to school in the stone age I was taught back then that the sea was getting saltier every year way back then, and the ph of sea water always varies over millenia as well. I'm more worried about the plasticification of the seas.

3 March 2012, 18:28,
Everything fluctuates. The problem we have with the ecosystem we call home is that we analyse over a microscopic timescale and extrapolate from that. We then think it is the end of the world. I see this being no different. Some species can, and will, adapt and some species will die out as they have for millions of years.

We in our hubris believe we can control this and sure we can make a small difference by artificially keeping a doomed species alive for a few more years but there is no gaurantee we will ourselves survive.

So don't worry too much. Add it to the list and this is one that is probably not survivable at its extreme which imo will never happen.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 March 2012, 18:40,
Ooops. Posted early.

.. and to answer the question. Yes it will effect you in your lifetime. Our politicians will use it as an excuse for some more hidden taxes.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 March 2012, 18:53,
(3 March 2012, 18:40)Skean Dhude Wrote: Ooops. Posted early.

.. and to answer the question. Yes it will effect you in your lifetime. Our politicians will use it as an excuse for some more hidden taxes.

This is what I was thinking. Cars are taxed according to their fuel use. Yet global warming has been proven to hold no evidence. The science community believes we are going to be heading towards an ice age instead of global warming, and not as a result of global warming either.

Yet we are still taxed based on that.

STUPID!!! But unfortunately, that's just how it is around here.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
4 March 2012, 02:19,
(3 March 2012, 18:40)Skean Dhude Wrote: Ooops. Posted early.

V.much lol! This is what I like - still being able to laugh about possible World devastation. (Cynical Smile)
4 March 2012, 09:31,
Only two certainties in life, Death and Taxes.

4 March 2012, 10:25,
you speak for yourself, i intend to live forever!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.