Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family life on benefits
4 March 2012, 19:40,
RE: Family life on benefits
PC the problem with the welfare state, the SOLE problem in my opinion is the money does NOT go to those who truly need it most.

The ill, the seriously sick, severely disabled, widows with kids, veterans familes, get an absolute pittance, others often not uk nationals get far more without contributing to the pot at all

4 March 2012, 19:45,
the trouble is TPTB seem to have altered the system, at one time you didnt get any money OUT before you put some IN i.e you had to work for several years paying NI and Taxes before you could draw any UB(unemployment benefit), now ANYONE can come to this country and get benefit without EVER having worked in this country! insane!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 March 2012, 20:36,
I think that someone not working, unless due to genuine problems, medical, disability, etc, should not be making an average wage.

The fact of the matter is, students currently graduating are getting jobs paying £16k for the first year, then £18k for another 2 years.

It's better, in the short run, to be on benefits and fake it for as long as possible.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
4 March 2012, 21:18,
I lived on benefits for a few years, when you have to you have to, but what these people don't seem to understand is that benefits are not ment to cover, smoking, drinking, internet ,sky tv and mobile phones.

Cap would mean £82.40 less each week, sounds about right to me.
5 March 2012, 09:26,
(4 March 2012, 21:18)Prep Girl Wrote: I lived on benefits for a few years, when you have to you have to, but what these people don't seem to understand is that benefits are not ment to cover, smoking, drinking, internet ,sky tv and mobile phones.

I'd be happy with that amount of spending money, after my car expenses, rent, and general bills, that amout would be nice to pocket each week! haha
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 March 2012, 21:25,
(5 March 2012, 09:26)Scythe13 Wrote:
(4 March 2012, 21:18)Prep Girl Wrote: I lived on benefits for a few years, when you have to you have to, but what these people don't seem to understand is that benefits are not ment to cover, smoking, drinking, internet ,sky tv and mobile phones.

I'd be happy with that amount of spending money, after my car expenses, rent, and general bills, that amout would be nice to pocket each week! haha

Same Smile