Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Another reason to go GRAY and leave the cities
3 March 2012, 11:36,
Another reason to go GRAY and leave the cities
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ourts.html

3 March 2012, 12:00,
RE: Another reason to go GRAY and leave the cities
"In the name of terrorism I ask you to give up your freedoms and rights" says the government
"Its for your protection"...
"its all for your own good honesty"...
"we wont use it against you"...
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
3 March 2012, 12:21,
That's a really scarey thought.

This is the kind of thing that will be the trigger of the snap.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
3 March 2012, 12:25, (This post was last modified: 3 March 2012, 12:35 by NorthernRaider.)
And yet people
still use credit cards for bulk purchases
still use customer loyalty cards
still use library cards
still apply for FACs
still live in easily to control and dominate cities
still join political parties
still keep getting added to various lists
still do not break up their prep routines.

" Those who give up liberty for some temporary sense of security deserve neither liberty nor security."
We truly are the dumbest nation on earth.
I just got offered a nice job, the first job offer in 4 1/2 years in fact, they offered me in exess of £42,000 PA, it involved my love of renewable energy, it required me to live in London. I turned it down.

Sometimes I honestly feel that many people honestly do not recognise the seriousness of the situation we are getting into. We have government of both flavours advocating imprisonment without representation or trail for 90 days, trial behind close doors, CCTV on every doorstep, contiunous electronic monitoring, security check on all major public transport systems, checks on all financial transfers of over £10 K, government by edict from a foreign power the EU. Government ministers advocating people being forced to give up their homes so other "" more needy"" can be housed, Pension saving schemes raided by filthy left wing parasitic shit bag labour chancellors, Right to assembly being prohibited under public order or anti terrorism laws, the list goes on and on and on, the sheeple just accept it because they are basically two thick or lazy to realise what they are walking into, so long as the benefits keep coming they are OK. But even some preppers, clearly very inteligent reasoning and logical people who I truly admire , themselves do not se the vulnerability of their situation.

Sorry for the rant.
NR

3 March 2012, 13:08,
I must have completely missed the build up to this story somehow, *ticks secret trials off the doom checklist*

as for the very inteligent reasoning and logical preppers, I can't speak for any of them, but some of the rest of us either can't see a way out or appear not to have any. I know some people on other forums like to blanket all of us in the cities as idiots but I'm sure we all have our own reasons why we can't move right now.

by the way, many big libraries have big comfy chairs to sit and read in (mine does anyway). I find it's best when I have a spare hour to go and sit and read books (and make notes) rather than take them out.
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
3 March 2012, 13:13,
Yup its the same for me.
Wife cant or wont move YET, she likes the city to much.
I have a country side bol not to far away walkable at a push.
drivable by many routes.
Hopefully the job market may improve and I can get a job somewhere countryfied.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
3 March 2012, 13:29,
Split your shopping up into 2 or 3 shops.
Try not to buy things on-line.
Use cash always.
Failure is NOT an option
3 March 2012, 14:02, (This post was last modified: 3 March 2012, 14:14 by NorthernRaider.)
(3 March 2012, 13:08)preservefreak Wrote: I must have completely missed the build up to this story somehow, *ticks secret trials off the doom checklist*

as for the very inteligent reasoning and logical preppers, I can't speak for any of them, but some of the rest of us either can't see a way out or appear not to have any. I know some people on other forums like to blanket all of us in the cities as idiots but I'm sure we all have our own reasons why we can't move right now.

by the way, many big libraries have big comfy chairs to sit and read in (mine does anyway). I find it's best when I have a spare hour to go and sit and read books (and make notes) rather than take them out.

PF but you are doing what ever you can working within your own resources and practical limitations, there is a major difference tween you and H, and many others who can not or will not see or accept the problems they face. If more preppers were like you who actually recognise and accept the position they are currently stuck in then they could plan for dealing with the extra problems associated with it.
(3 March 2012, 13:13)mikebratcher69 Wrote: Yup its the same for me.
Wife cant or wont move YET, she likes the city to much.
I have a country side bol not to far away walkable at a push.
drivable by many routes.
Hopefully the job market may improve and I can get a job somewhere countryfied.

Again as I pointed out to PF at least you recognise and accept the extra problems and risks forced onto you and can make plans to deal with those extra burdons, Sadly there are people among us who either cannot or will not see they are just making a rod for their own backs. PG is another one, stuck cos of multiple obligations and needs on the edge of Londonistan, BUT like PF and you she acknowledges the extra risks and problems, understands the extra implications and works as best she can within those limitation to prepare as best she can. And when the circumstances or opportunity arises all will no doubt move some place more suitable / sustainable.
(3 March 2012, 13:29)uks Wrote: Split your shopping up into 2 or 3 shops.
Try not to buy things on-line.
Use cash always.

Different shops, different branchs and different days
if buying online buy small from multiple locations using pay pal, switch or maestro. or hard to trace gift vouchers.
Cash is good but never drawer large amounts out at one time cos that gets registered as well.
Y'know in this Orwellian survielance state we now inhabit you can find yourself getting raided by the police for
(A) using a lot of electricty , cos the power companies report sudden surges in use to the cops incase you are growing canabis farms
(B) If parts of your property appear to be to warm, councils use themal imagery from companies using satelites and aircraft to survey their domains for stuff like illegal extensions or propertys built without planning, but if they see a house or garage or shed looking to warm again they tell the cops cos canabis and meth amph labs generate lots of heat.

You can be innocently growing hot house flowers or chilli peppers and it can lead to herds of cops kicking your front door in.

3 March 2012, 15:00,
Or some middle class lady spoiling her pet guinea pigs by having thier own heater in the shed.
3 March 2012, 15:40,
(3 March 2012, 15:00)Carnebwen Wrote: Or some middle class lady spoiling her pet guinea pigs by having thier own heater in the shed.

Aye I saw that in the papers, bloody ridiculous police.