Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wood stove owners
5 March 2012, 12:57,
Wood stove owners
Guys heres a tip for you if you use / own a wood burning stove, get in touch with your local laminate floor layers/ installers, theres a big trend at the moment for people to have solid wood often Oak laminate type floors fitted. NOT the funny 6 mm thin stuff with a microscopic veneer fitted but solid machined oak and other hardwoods.

I just got 6, yes 6 large rubble bag sized bags of offcuts FREE from our local installer cos he has to pay to have it disposed of. 6 bags of solid oak offcuts averaging twen 6 and 8 inches long, 20mm thick and 150 mm wide. Beautiful quality firewood.

5 March 2012, 13:05,
RE: Wood stove owners
that's a really nice find, how long will that last you NR?
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
5 March 2012, 13:20,
knowing how cold it is up there. A couple of hours haha
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 March 2012, 13:33,
(5 March 2012, 13:05)preservefreak Wrote: that's a really nice find, how long will that last you NR?

Well these bags are all oak offcuts and oddly enough that can be problematic, Oak is very very dense and has a wonderfully high calorific value. so it dont half burn hot, Infact if i loaded the stove the normal way instead of 450 degrees it would soar to 750 degrees, so I mix it with softer woods and other offcuts. So as we are moving into spring and the stove onlky runs from about 5pm til 9 pm the oak should suppliment the other wood for about six to eight weeks.

its a great free supplimentary source as i can also get a cord of cut logs of the council tre cutter lads for £20.