Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
25 survival seeds.
28 March 2013, 14:23,
25 survival seeds.
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/survival-...den_032013
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 March 2013, 22:49,
RE: 25 survival seeds.
Like much else on the Daily Sheeple that list is pure BS!

About half those plants are location specific and will not grow in GB as well as not being growable in the northern sections of the U.S. The growing season is simply not long enough to support them.

Most of the seed for those crops, if bought from garden exchanges, is hybred and wll not germinate when saved for a second year, making them a false sense of survival security.

Almost every place in the world has agricultural outreach programs at local universities where you can find out what grows best in YOUR area. The Daily sheeple is not one of their information outreach scources.
28 March 2013, 22:55,
I looked at the list and was thinking about the growing conditions too and how viable some would be in the UK

regarding the hybrid there are companies in the uk that sell seeds that are not one shot hybrid and can be used to seed save
29 March 2013, 02:09,
I believe we have not done to bad with the stuff that we can grow in the UK, I'm sure we can survive without Melon and peanuts. We just need massive polytunnels.....I know i'll be scouting for spare polytunnels in a SHTF situation.
29 March 2013, 10:17,
its just a list to make you think, you can make up your own list based on what grows in your area.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 March 2013, 10:19,
(29 March 2013, 10:17)bigpaul Wrote: its just a list to make you think, you can make up your own list based on what grows in your area.

Thats exactly what it did for me

anything that get's to thinking about what is viable or not can't be bad