Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home schooling
18 November 2012, 18:25,
RE: Home schooling
More people are opting out of the goverments finest state schools and choosing to home school, more time learning rather than teacher spending half a class trying to sort the trouble makers out.
18 November 2012, 18:51,
Although it doesnt effect us, its an interesting subject,... this country is certainly in a mess if people have to rely on this kind of action.

I doubt it will be a bad thing either, Children are more likely to get taught the things that are important instead of subjects that once they have left school are never used again
A major part of survival is invisibility.
18 November 2012, 19:28,
Kids get taught a croc of shit anyway, Lesson 1...Religious studies...The world was created by God...Lesson 2...Human studies/Physics...The world was created by a big bang...The fire of London was started by a baker who burnt some buns, The fire of London was started by a maid leaving the burner on...The fire of London was an arson attack....
I may be of the minority but I think kids should be taught how to cook, sew, be able to make and light a fire with no matches and all other life important skills, not some bumff they will never need to use, So long as my kids can read and write and do math, they will get by just fine Smile
As a kid where eggs come from today and the answer is more than likely...TESCO !
If you change the way you look at things..The things you look at change !
19 November 2012, 13:15,
prepaday. agree with you totally. government education just contradicts itself.
question everything or believe anything
19 November 2012, 13:31,
I have such an issue with the Education system. I think so much of it is a waste. I don't remember anything from Primary School bar maths and basic English. High school taught me physics, maths, geography... most of it I don't use, I wish I could though. It didn't really educate me about a lot of the things that were useful. It needs to change.

I like the sound of home schooling, especially group home schooling. I would be worried about what they were learning still, the mixed learning sounds the best. I don't have kids but I think I would end up doing something like that with them. Get the crap out of there mind and teach them skills and knowledge they can actually use and have fun learning.
Failure is always an option.
19 November 2012, 13:37,
My sister homeschools her kids here in Northern Ireland, where the laws are extremely relaxed, i.e., you don't even have to notify the authorities that you homeschooling.

@Prepaday: I'm a Christian and a Creationist so your comments about that aspect of religious education are claptrap to me. Darwinism is a fraud designed to allow evil governments to treat human beings as animals, which is precisely what happened in hardcore atheist states like Nazi Germany, Mao's China and Stalin's Russia.
19 November 2012, 13:39,
if/when i have kids i would want them home schooled because of all the political correct bullshit they teach now esp in london
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
21 November 2012, 15:19,
Rather than home schooling, you should look into setting up a free school. This is a school outside of local authority control, set up by parents, teachers, similar interest groups, religious groups etectera, but funded by central government. This way it is at least staffed by people qualified in there subject area.

For instance, you want to teach your child GCSE maths, I would say you would need to have at least an A or B at A-level in the subject to have the depth of knowledge to do so.

You are also more than likely not going to have access to the kit at home to teach woodwork, metalwork, chemistry to name just a few subjects.
21 November 2012, 16:30, (This post was last modified: 21 November 2012, 16:32 by NorthernRaider.)
I dont mind my sons Acadamy as its academic record is first class, the head and governers are tough as boots so the chavs get away with nowt, daft haircuts, coloured shoes, short skirts, etc and your out , instantly. Since the new head took over only 3 years and the lovey dovey lefty former head got the boot thr exam pass rates have ridsen from 42% to 50% to 66% and this year 82%. Theres almost no trouble and no detentions or exclusions now because the rules are laid out for parents and kids to see BEFORE they start year seven. If they dont like it they get told to go elsewhere.

But the bit I like best is when I told the head of year I did not want my lad being taught any of the fictional rubbish that is religion (any and all) they had no problem and just gave him extra IT and Geography. I want his education based on factional hard truthful reality and not the myths of religion. For me holy books are useful because they are soft, strong and very very long.!!
Forgot to mention that I was planning on home school the brats, but the new regime in the school made it unneccessary, they got rid of interfering church influence, sacked loads of deadwood teachers, and instilled a sense of pride and self achievement.

21 November 2012, 22:54,
Not all schools are bad my daughters school has a natural spring, each class grows veg which they turn into meals, they raise chickens and have giant rabbits that have free reign of the key stage 2 area. The head is nuts, completely un PC and loved by... well most. My kids love it. They have so much fun because its mainly play based and hey the results are fantastic. Have other friends down the road who tell em stories about their kids schools (which are supposedly the best around) and I think thank God mine are where they are or I may well have pulled them out.