Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nuclear-armed terrorists are a real threat to Britain,
8 March 2012, 17:25,
RE: Nuclear-armed terrorists are a real threat to Britain,
(8 March 2012, 15:29)Scythe13 Wrote: As NR said, use the rule of thumb.

Get as far away from the scene as you can. When you look back at the scene, stick your thumb out. When you squint at your thumb, if the thumb totally covers the scene of the explosion, it's pretty safe to say you're far enough away.

You are joking right... This is the new scientific method we will be using after an event when we don't have any other method of measurement.

I'm getting a radiation detector. I had one but it used a special battery that stopped working. Luckily I tested it before I needed it.

Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 March 2012, 18:23,
Yeah I would leave and head in the other direction, bit confused about how long would it take for what goes up to come back down again?

Just found this, nukes for dummies lol this is how I need my instructions.

http://www.wikihow.com/Survive-a-Nuclear-Attack
8 March 2012, 19:01,
The fallout from a small bomb such as a briefcase or car bomb will begin to settle immediately and can blow over a good sized area, a battlefield bomb a proper nuke if ground detonated will start dumping fallout locally almost immediately but an air burst could take over 40 minutes before the filth starts to reach the ground.