Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chance of a Catastrophic Solar Storm Is 1 in 8
9 April 2012, 13:30,
RE: Chance of a Catastrophic Solar Storm Is 1 in 8
[quote='mikebratcher69' pid='12128' dateline='1333970014']
One of my wifes friends AND her fella, didnt even know how chickens produced eggs. Honestly no word of a lie.
[quote/]

How did they react when you said "It's pretty much a chicken's period" or did you tell them they worked for the Easter bunny and that the eggs they made were test runs for Easter? Haha

I must admit, I do kind of find some levels of ignorance as being genuinely BS! I don't think you're lying Mike, but to me there is no conceivable explanation to such stupidity unless you're lying.....which I know you're not. Does that make sense? I can't comprehend adults not knowing the blindingly obvious! But it does happen. Which I can't believe!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
10 April 2012, 09:37,
(9 April 2012, 13:20)Skean Dhude Wrote: You hunters are cruel people. Why don't you just buy your food at the supermarket like ordinary people do where no animals were harmed to provide you meat to eat.

These people should be put to death. Humanely, of course, but at the moment this woman is a complete waste of good air
10 April 2012, 10:00,
there are too many people like that, i had an arguement with my mates sister about the killing of meat, she was against hunting of course, and she buys her meat in the supermarket or goes to KFC and the like, i pointed out that all meat had to be killed first but her answer was at least she didnt have to kill it herself and she wouldnt(kill it herself that is), so i thought come SHTF you'll be the first to go!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 April 2012, 10:02,
(10 April 2012, 10:00)bigpaul Wrote: there are too many people like that, i had an arguement with my mates sister about the killing of meat, she was against hunting of course, and she buys her meat in the supermarket or goes to KFC and the like, i pointed out that all meat had to be killed first but her answer was at least she didnt have to kill it herself and she wouldnt(kill it herself that is), so i thought come SHTF you'll be the first to go!!

I would have pointed out that if you're the one hunting, she still didn't have to kill it herself. haha
10 April 2012, 10:05,
NAH, like most young women of that age, she has got too much of an attitude problem, my mate and his missus are alright but both his sisters are too "straight" in their attitude.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 April 2012, 11:51,
(10 April 2012, 10:05)bigpaul Wrote: NAH, like most young women of that age, she has got too much of an attitude problem, my mate and his missus are alright but both his sisters are too "straight" in their attitude.

Girls that are too straight are no fun haha.

Anway.......back to solar flares.

I've just had a thought. Yes, a genuine thought. Because lightning is the kind of thing that will over-cook a circuit, a car is the best place to be, right? Well, using the same principles and also that of a faraday cage, wouldn't a car be a safe place to store things? The body should act like a faraday cage, right?
10 April 2012, 11:55, (This post was last modified: 10 April 2012, 11:57 by Stokey.)
(10 April 2012, 11:51)Scythe13 Wrote: [quote='bigpaul' pid='12263' dateline='1334048736']
Because lightning is the kind of thing that will over-cook a circuit, a car is the best place to be, right? Well, using the same principles and also that of a faraday cage, wouldn't a car be a safe place to store things? The body should act like a faraday cage, right?

The lightning won't be the issue, It will be the EMP that causes the issues, the car will add no more protection, In fact, your car wont work either, unless you have a really old banger with nocircuitry in it :-)
The car would add no further protection, It's not the lightning, it's the EMP that will cause the damage, In fact your car will be pretty nocked out as well, Unless you drive an old banger with absolutley no circuitry in it whatsoever
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
10 April 2012, 12:07, (This post was last modified: 10 April 2012, 12:08 by Scythe13.)
I'm not saying that it would be lightning. I'm just saying that lightning is a huge charge, and so is an EMP. So would an EMP just be defused by a car's body the same way lightning is?
Also, because a car is a complete metal enclosure, would it act like a faraday cage?
10 April 2012, 12:11,
A Dolorean Might help, I'm sure they were made of Aluminium, and I'm pretty sure Aluminium has properties that help diffuse emp. :-)
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
10 April 2012, 20:25,
No good for an EMP. Lightning is a straight electric charge and goes to ground by the eisiest route. The car is insulated by the tyres. Try it with one foot on the ground and the other in the car. The frequency of an EMP will just pass straight through the windows. One is a current and the other is radio waves that create a current. It will flow through the car frying your gear.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin