Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
heat retention cooking
8 March 2012, 12:50,
heat retention cooking
a video from one of my youtube subscriptions on cheap indoor heat retention cooking.

I hope you find it useful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h53G3ZEai...QVtOfOk%3D
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
18 April 2012, 08:07,
RE: heat retention cooking
I Vacuum flask cook but after a bout of food poisoning (Doc said it was probably caused by Clostridium bacteria) I did a bit of research and found that it was my fault as:-

1. Before putting the food into the flask I hadn't heated it to a boil for a couple of minutes
2. If I had added a lot of sugar or something fairly acidic it would have helped kill the bugs
3. If you take the food out and it feels just about the right temperature to eat i.e. not too hot , reheat it to a boil for at least 3 mins.

So, as I've got a sweet tooth, I add a heaped tablespoon of sugar to my rice and only pour on ROLLING BOIL WATER. Since doing that, No problems with rice.
As for other types of veg, I add a good squirt of lemon or lime juice and again the ROLLING BOIL WATER.
I've since been told that fresh tomatos cook well as they are acidic but haven't tried that one yet.

Cooking rabbit is still a worry but I seperately billy can boil the meat for the first 10 mins before adding it to the veg and rice in the flask.

As for the flask itself, I scrub it out with salt paste (seems to get rid of any meat fat) and scold it out with ROLLING BOIL WATER before slapping on the lid. Flask cools and you get the vacuum inside it which seems to keep it bug free. I still rinse the flask out with ROLLING BOIL WATER before I add food though.

OK it might seem a bit O.T.T. to you but a week of reading books on the loo again doesn't seem very attractive to me.

18 April 2012, 23:23,
RE: heat retention cooking
Someone has secretly told you their name on youtube!

I'll be getting some videos up soonish too.

The cooker seems pretty cool.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin