Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
overpopulation.
13 March 2012, 18:12,
overpopulation.
just found this elsewhere, its a piece entitled "overshoot index" and it says that the UK is 27% self sufficient but 72% dependent on outside supplies but here's the main killer it says with a UK population of 61 million we can only sustain a population of 16million! thats an "overshoot"-hence the title- of over 44 MILLION people!! here's the link: http://www.populationmatters.org/documen...ountry.pdf
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 March 2012, 18:26, (This post was last modified: 13 March 2012, 18:27 by Scythe13.)
RE: overpopulation.
That's pretty....urm.....WOW. That's crazy.

So....we need to have nearly 3 out of 4 people die for us to be self sufficient?

Shotgun, I get to be the 1 that survives!!!
WOO! I called it first. No way I'm dying haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
13 March 2012, 18:47,
It is simply because there are so many of us on this small island.

Just look at a map. 60M of us here. In the US 500M and we fit in one of the smaller states. Same with Canada and so on.

It just means we are reliant on trade and being fed by other areas. Not a big issue if society is OK. More if it isn't.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
13 March 2012, 19:05, (This post was last modified: 13 March 2012, 19:09 by NorthernRaider.)
US pop us actually nearer 330 million, and the UK size is roughly the same as Kansas population 2.8 million people.
Kansas 83,000 square miles 2.4 million people
UK 92,000 square miles 62 million people

Now you see why I like Kansas so much.

13 March 2012, 19:22,
(13 March 2012, 19:05)NorthernRaider Wrote: Now you see why I like Kansas so much.

I see why now. Because you've got a little dog and some red shoes? Or have I missed the point again?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
14 March 2012, 10:20,
(13 March 2012, 18:26)Scythe13 Wrote: That's pretty....urm.....WOW. That's crazy.

So....we need to have nearly 3 out of 4 people die for us to be self sufficient?

Shotgun, I get to be the 1 that survives!!!
WOO! I called it first. No way I'm dying haha.

well yes in essence! if some large event happened which stopped us getting in supplies from overseas- no oil maybe?- then we would only be able to produce enough food for 27% of the population, anybody old enough to remember rationing? because thats what would happen!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 March 2012, 10:45,
Your aving a larf....... B.P. in this day and age they'd be food warehouse thefts on a grand scale, never mind the small blackmarket during the war when people mainly still had manors and queued for they're food. Chavs dont get up till after 3 in the afternoon all the food would be gone from the shops leaving them only one option... pinch yours.
This is where entitement mentality comes in " I need to eat and YOU need to provide it for me"
If preppers are the 10%, 90 % of the population fall into this "give it me because I deserve it and you dont" group
" I want money and I'll steal your stuff to get it"
" i dont want to grow food so I'll wait till you've grown yours then steal it"
Then you have the similar thing the government did in the war "apropriating" food supplies for the war effort, only now it'd be for the needy chavs who cant manage. Thats where the grey prepper comes in and secret gardens as allotments would be stripped in days also without a thought to replanting.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
14 March 2012, 10:57,
(13 March 2012, 19:22)Scythe13 Wrote:
(13 March 2012, 19:05)NorthernRaider Wrote: Now you see why I like Kansas so much.

I see why now. Because you've got a little dog and some red shoes? Or have I missed the point again?

Theres more white tailed deer than people in KS, not to mention a few million cows, billions of acres of wheat, room to move, small natural gas deposits, a huge salt mine.

14 March 2012, 11:22, (This post was last modified: 14 March 2012, 11:23 by mikebratcher69.)
there was an article in the paper the other day about a town near death vally with only about 50 people in it and NO teenagers....
A little bit of effort and death vally's your oyster...
VALLEY VALLY VALLEY DAMN IT...
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
14 March 2012, 11:45,
No teenagers? They still have mid 20s early 30s women though yeah?