• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Overcoming the Existential Threat of Thermonuclear War
14 March 2012, 13:32,
Overcoming the Existential Threat of Thermonuclear War
It's a bit long but I found it interesting

http://www.larouchepub.com/hzl/2012/3910...mowar.html
14 March 2012, 14:17,
RE: Overcoming the Existential Threat of Thermonuclear War
We had a generation preparing for a nuclear war. I think it is low risk myself. everyone is aware of MAD. The exception being these religious loonies and as soon as they get one they will want to use it on Israel. Once they do so they won't have any more and they will get beated down to the stone age. OK, for them that is only one step back but it won't escalate.

What people need to get over is the fear of nuclear war.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
14 March 2012, 15:08,
nuclear war is very low on my priorities, would be more concerned about a terrorist "dirty" bomb, or another 9/11 type event, but living a long way from a city or large population centre, these are not something that really worries me, i am more concerned about societal breakdown and food riots!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 March 2012, 15:34,
I'm ruling nothing out!
14 March 2012, 15:46,
(14 March 2012, 15:34)Prep Girl Wrote: I'm ruling nothing out!

i wouldnt either, if i lived in EssexBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 March 2012, 00:46,
(14 March 2012, 14:17)Skean Dhude Wrote: We had a generation preparing for a nuclear war. I think it is low risk myself. everyone is aware of MAD. The exception being these religious loonies and as soon as they get one they will want to use it on Israel.

Israel, well only really Jerusalem, is the second holiest place to Muslims. They wouldn't nuke it. They'll go for Paris, London, or NY. Paris because of the nuclear testing and powers that France has, or the Moaning Lisa. London, because they don't like our Queeny. NY because they don't like the I <3 NY tshirts.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
15 March 2012, 08:43,
(14 March 2012, 15:46)bigpaul Wrote:
(14 March 2012, 15:34)Prep Girl Wrote: I'm ruling nothing out!

i wouldnt either, if i lived in EssexBig Grin

Lol your not wrong!
16 March 2012, 00:12,
Whilst the obvious threat of nuclear war is somewhat low on most peoples radar, it is worth considering that - While it may not start out nuclear, it could easily end that way, weather a limited event or not. A domino or cascade effect is a plausible theory. TL.
16 March 2012, 00:49,
I always thought MAD meant nuclear war couldn't happen. Now I suspect there is a clique in the West willing to play chicken with Russia / China over this very issue. When one considers the sheer number of nuclear detonations on earth since WW2 ended, it's not as implausible as one might think (stunning short film): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCF7vPanrY