Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hello from Yorkshirelass
3 April 2012, 09:45,
RE: Hello from Yorkshirelass
i dont tell people i've got any stores, its easier and its OPSEC/Grey man.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 April 2012, 09:56,
(3 April 2012, 09:42)Kenneth Eames Wrote: Don't you think he's right then? I think most people I talk to about prepping think that I'm a Nutter First Class. Kenneth Eames.

I can see why people think it, but if it was someone as close as a partner I would expect them to understand my need to prep and respect my wishes, if they told me I was nuts I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with them, but having said that it's just fear, it's easier for the person to assume a prepper is nuts then to face the fact that some thing could happen and they would not be able to survive, but then we have the likes of my friends now ex husband who thinks he could just run off in to the woods and build a camp coz he was in the scouts lol

3 April 2012, 17:07,
(3 April 2012, 09:56)Prep Girl Wrote: I can see why people think it, but if it was someone as close as a partner I would expect them to understand my need to prep and respect my wishes, if they told me I was nuts I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with them

AlyBear and I almost split up over that. She thought I was nuts. But then after being shown what's really happening in the world, she didn't complain about me having extra tins of food or loads of bottles of water, or anything like that.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
3 April 2012, 17:16,
OH sometimes complains that we havent got anywhere to put stuff but we manage to store it somewhere, but she is with me all the way, she can see the point of prepping in this uncertain world, she often tells me" you know, i think you need to get (so and so)", so we either go out and get it if locally available or i'll look online for it. she was brought up without electricity and running water so she can see the point of it probably better than i can!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 June 2012, 20:40, (This post was last modified: 18 June 2012, 20:44 by James Jackson.)
hi thier, probably the only thing i could add to the other coments are to put a bit of a ditch at the edge of the land, and a bank on your side with spike plants, fence or wall with spikes on. It will not hold people who are really wanting to get in, but it will have more chance of getting them to come through one area. If in doubt get your backside out of thier. If possible have somebody else who is a prepper that you can fall back on with. 2 preppers are better then one if it came to it (well thats what i think). too many people will be too many to feed, but its a good backup
(18 March 2012, 09:10)Weyoun Wrote: Maybe give them a couple of tins?

Do this and they will not stop coming back until you have none, then you and they will die. You must think of yourself if you want to survive. You cannot feed the world, you will struggle to feed yourself.
[/quote]

dont give out tins if you dont want them back, it would be a massive mistake, as you will be the person they will sponge of rather then sorthing things out for themselves. Give to the people who will be able to give something to you, a skill. working off the food ect ect