Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Flood Insurance = prepping
21 March 2012, 09:29,
Flood Insurance = prepping
It would seem that the only insurance available for people living in a flood plain is now......PREPPING!!! Check this out.

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/these-h...hless.html
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
21 March 2012, 10:03,
RE: Flood Insurance = prepping
Yeah good article I wrote about this in great depth years ago when John Prescott insisted on going ahead with building thousands of new home on flood plains but none of them could get insurance. Indeed the insurance industry has apparently been studying climate change and flood histories in the UK and have been adding ever more streets to the uninsurable category.
The insurance industry is doing a great deal of altering its T & Cs regarding Flood risk, Arson risks, Riot Risks, Terrorism risks, thankfully most of em are a long way from the north east.

21 March 2012, 10:27, (This post was last modified: 21 March 2012, 10:29 by mikebratcher69.)
If you build on a flood plain, build on concrete raft and stilts then you wont get flooded...
Why they've not made this simple modification before now I dont know...
Preppers make their own insurance...
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
21 March 2012, 11:55,
the newer houses at the bottom of our estate, those built about 6 years ago, were built NEAR the flood plain, its always colder down there and the houses were built the wrong way round so they are ALWAYS in shadow, they dont get any sun even in the summer.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.